Sign in to follow this  
Guest wguggino

Looking for better, faster graphics performance on FS2002

Guest wguggino

Hi folks; I'm not so educated in computers as most of you, so I'm hoping someone out there can direct me for further information.I want faster frame rates and better graphics definition. I have the following:HP Pavilion 511W 1.2ghz 256mb (I upgraded) Windows XP home, and I use Flight Sim 02 Professional.Short of buying another computer, I don't know what kind of video graphics card/3d accelerator to buy. I know I have one, but honestly can't find out which one I have. It came with the system, which is about 2 years old. I already bought some additional memory, which sped things up a bit in FS, but I want more.What's going to be compatible with FS02, XP, and the motherboard? I don't need a cadillac, just a Toyota. Thanks in advance,WadeEDIT: Changed the font to make it easier to read :)

Hi Wade,your computer has the Intel 810e chipset with integrated graphics. This means that more or less any graphics card will be an improvement. Unless you plan to upgrade the rest of your computer in the very near future, one of the high-end cards won't do you much good. I would look at an entry-level card, such as the Radeon 9200 or something like it.Cheers,Gosta. http://www.hifisim.com/images/as2betateam.jpg

Guest wguggino

Thank you very much for that information. Do I need to be concerned with backwards compatibility, ect.? And what about AGP vs PCI? I remember when I bought my extra memory it wasn't quite so easy to find the right one. Are the add-on graphics cards something I just plug into the motherboard? Thanks,Wade