Sign in to follow this  
Guest groundpounder75

FS 2000 moving vehicles Roads to FS2002

Anyone know the name of the file that has to be replaced to do this?I did a searh in all forums and didn't find anything.Please, any response, will be appreciated.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Gabriel,I've been trying to get an answer to a similar question on a different thread that I posted: See "Why no moving vehicle headlights in FS2002?" So far I haven't received a conclusive answer. However, some simmers were kind enough to respond.I know absolutely nothing about designing scenery, but in view of all the great things that developers have been able to do, I'm wondering why this idea seem to be so difficult. I think having random moving vehicle head/tail lights would add a really cool and significant dimension to the sim.Hopefully, someone will be able to figure it out someday.Happy Jet Trails To Youflyking

Hi, thanks for the response, This is also a concern for me, I wish I would know more about this isssue. I recall I read somewhere that this could be done switching a couple of files from FS2000, I have search all around and in the forums next door without success, also i have tried to identify the name of the file that does this in FS2000, and I can't locate it.I gave up a while ago, until I see your post. Things look like we have to give up on this again....

You guys need to download the following program:Flight Simulator Scenery Creator 1.5.4, which is here at avsim under FS2002 Scenery Design.I created some scenery for CYYZ and added a few roads. When I was on final approach to 24R at night I noticed the lights moving on the roads and I thought that was weird that I haven't seen them since 2000. I had forgotten all about them. You may be able to extract the texture file from this program. Hope this helps.