Sign in to follow this  
SidekickUBT

Why not - Buy Video Card now, DirectX later & have 2 video cards

Ok.I currently own a Gateway PC which is a year old. For now, I am thinking of getting a new video card and when time permits, purchasing a new DELL PC once Vista and Directx10 cards are stable.My question here is this: Why not get a new video card now that isn't Direct X10 and later get a second. Anything wrong having 2 video cards on the same PC even if they are different?Tim

Guest Stanner1953

I assume you are saying that you will take the old video card from the Gateway, and install it in the new Dell which has the Direct Xcard?I doubt if this would work since I believe there has to be some compatibilty among the video cards. Stanner

Guest wayupthere

Nothing wrong with having 2 in 1 PC. However the core NEEDS to be the same in order for SLI to work. Doesnt matter so much if you buy brand A and a brand B. Also highly doubt that combing a DX10 and 9 would be something you want if it will even work at all, even more so SLI itself will have little effect on FS. My opinion stay with what you have...ride it out untill DX10, Vista, the whole lot has matured and prices have dropped.