Sign in to follow this  

UK VFR. Scenery.. Oh Lordy Lordy....

Guest Satchmo

Oh my Lord. Two days on from installing it and I'm still 'gobsmacked'. :-blaPurchased from those great people at RC Simulations for

Guest Squitters

Hi Satcmo :-beerchugCould not agree more m8, it is like a new sim! a real pleasure tocruise along and take in the ' real ' view, top marks in my 'humble'opinion :-coolSquitters.

Guest bones

Wait until you see some of the hilly bits... :-)

Impressive but does it capture the seasonal changes - specifically winter? THanks!David

Squitters,Some people talk of a very long scenery load time.Do you agree & does it normalise with the VFR scenerydisabled in the Scenery Library?Peter Sydney Australia

I've just ordered the first part. I'll give it a go. After all if its crap we don't have to buy the others. I must admit however that I'm looking forward to it !!Nick

Guest Squitters

Hi Guys,Loading times on my system are around 2 min 30 seconds, with all theup and coming sectors in sim will off course take longer.Some tech bits: reconmended season is summer, I start at noon time,climb to 3000 to 5000 feet, wx 20 miles vis, atc off, extended terrain tex off, there is a stand alone terrain view tweaker for adjustment, tex size full, no night time flying for obvious reasons ! mip map on or off, I prefer it on, do not use excessive slew/hat switch movement as it confuses Fs2002 where things should loaded, so I stay in Cessna VC and gently pan around and take in the view, as many say when does a pilot see a spot view when flying? I have GB/English airports all work just fine. I do find very very slight pausing where the bmp's are being loaded but it is so slight that it does not bother me at all. I feel this scenery is for the slower a/c, what is the point in roaring along in a B737 and missing all the REAL world? I do fly for a VA and 'disable' the VFR in the scenery libary to go back to the default to fly my assignments.For me its like having 2 different simms loaded up, so provided youdo as per manual it is simply superb, in fact I got into hot waterfor missing my domestic chores, forgot all about the time as I wastransfixed by seeing 'real world' where I live. I cant wait for the rest to come out :-)My system:Win MeAMD 1.33512 DDR ramExpo EP-8K7 mobo 266 FSB40 gig Maxtor HDFull install of FS2002 ( needed for the for 'new' VFR water tex )VFR scenery SE UK ,3 sectors, you can load and unload these to suit your drive space, water tex and terrain mesh included.Hope this is of help guy's, will do some more screens if ya like latertoday :-)Squitters.

I must admit, having already spent a load of wedge on scenery I was loathe to shell out any more.... and I thought the colour palette wasn't right in the first screenies I saw of this new VFR thingie.... but your screenshots do look pretty good. Think I might have to go for the North-East edition when it's released. :-)

>Purchased from those great people at RC Simulations for >

Guest Squitters

Hi guys :-)Thats bad luck m8, that would really wind me up.---------------------------------------------------More pics up in the screen shot forum guys :-) VFR 1 of 2,one thingi did not mention was that my screen res is at 1280@1024 / 32 biton a 21 in monitor.Squitters :-)

Could be they're a bit distracted by the FS Show at Birmingham....

Problems with VFR Photographic Scenery 11-22-02Bought this scenery with gre

i think there closed for business on saturdays,sure thats what there website says..could be wrongbest wishes steve