Sign in to follow this  
Guest Spiky

CH Yoke without pedals

Guest Spiky

Hi,I'm thinking on buying the CH yoke first before buying the pedals.Right now I use a Microsoft force feedback 2 joystick that you can twist to use the rudder.I wonder if such a function is present on the CH yoke too (since they have the rudder pedals you can buy seperately). Can I simulate rudder (like the twisting on the joystick) when I only have the yoke?Thanks

Guest wayupthere

Hi Spike,No, there isn't force-feedback nor any axis on it to be used as a rudder, only roll and pitch. You will need to buy separate pedals to get the yaw axis.Regards,

Of course if you did want to get the yoke now and buy pedals later you could always switch on the "autorudder" option in FS.This was intended for joysticks without the twist function so it should be ok with a yoke too. Of course this detracts from the realism somewhat but then again as Davis says if you want a realistic yaw axis you'll need pedals.Geoff

Guest Spiky

Ah yes, I forgot about that option. I probarly get the pedals too someday but my main desire is to have a decent steering device since I hate steering with the joystick :)Thanks for the tip!

Guest Flying4Free

SpikeI bought the yoke only and have no regrets!! Since pedals were an additional $100+, I decided to switch on the autorudder in FS. If I'm desperate for rudder, I use my joystick as well. Kinda hard though with one hand on the yoke and one on the joystick for rudder. Sometimes I'll move the joystick to the right/left on accident which then cancels out the yoke and vice versa. Like I said, no regrets. I love having the yoke!! Makes landings sooo much easier with the heavies and GA. Hope this helps. -Mike