Sign in to follow this  
Chuck_B

Diff. in Early Morning Ground Scenery Quality on Identical (?) Systems

I just happened to drive past a CompUSA last night, so I went in and asked a few questions of the kid who was working the video card department and I ended up buying a PNY GeForce 7600 GS with 512mb DDR, for $169.00 knowing that I could return it. I had some surprising driver installation problems (black screen, things like that) but once I got it working in my new Dell Dual Core it seemed to work great. It made a huge difference with FSX!After installation, and while running FS2004 and WideView on my 2 computers, the pre-dawn ground scenery of South Jersey approaching KPHL (my home airport) seemed really dense on the new Dell system with the new PNY card - a lot of houses and lights on and stuff like that -- a LOT!. On the system with the ATI x1300 Pro card (10 month old eMachines, Celeron 3.2ghz, 2gig of RAM) the scenery appeared much less dense -- 50% to 75% less dense, I would say. I thought for sure all the scenery, sliders, and settings were identical on both systems -- could this difference in early morning scenery "density" be a hardware issue -- due to the difference in the video cards (say, 256mb vs. 512mb) or processors? Or did I miss something that hasn't been installed or set right on the eMachines? I've been over it a couple of times and couldn't find any differences in the settings.Any insight would be helpful -- Thank you in advance for your help. Chuck

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!