Afternoon All, Ok Right to the point. I currently have a Nvidia 7800GTX 256 PCI-E. Looking to get a Radeon X1950 XT 512MB PCI-E.What are my pro & cons?I'm tired of the Nvidia run around with AA , Jaggies and everything else.Asking for anyones 2 cents worth.As well as other Ati suggestions.I've looked at the HD2900XT 512 also but not interested in the on board sound. Just looking for a killer graphics card.Specs BelowCheers

Clarke Kruger - CYEG 

Guest wayupthere

"HD2900XT 512 also but not interested in the on board sound" HUH?...The HD2900XT doesnt have onboard sound, its a GPU not a mobo. As for a killer card, if you dont like Nvidia the only Killer cards made are by ATI, not much coice to go by.

The HIS Radeon HD 2900XT unleashes the power of DirectX 10 with awesome performance, stunning visual effects and more dynamic interactivity than ever before. Surpass reality with easy CrossFire scalability, built-in HDMI and 5.1 surround audio

Guest wayupthere

There's alot more to it than some sales-pitch words from ATI. The 2900XT for now are not that great as they are suppose to be(come), the XTX is a different story. Guess i missed the oboard sound part, however having it built-in, it will only allow you to send video and 5.1 audio via HDMI, people who dont have an HDMI capable setup would likely find little use of that feature.

Guest baksteen33

Looks like the choice is the 1950 XTX then. ;-) X2900s are are still a little of a pain to install, particularly in XP. And exactly because of the components which were mentioned in this thread. ;-) Also, the X2900 requires PSUs with 8-pin conectors or there's no Overdrive

Guest wayupthere

Jaap you checked your PM yet? ;)

Guest baksteen33

Nope, but will do ASAP. Pls excuse, Davis.

Guest wayupthere

No excuse needed Jaapsan ;)