Sign in to follow this  
Guest bfd821

Looking to upgrade video card

I'm looking to upgrade my video card. I'm currently running the stock video card that came with my system.Gateway 5411EIntel Pentium D 9151G ramFS2004EaglesoftDG Citation XVATSIMLooking at going with either Radeon or Nvidia. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Nvidia's drivers are causing many people headaches right now, including me. I just bought an XFX Nvidia 7950GT and it is the fastest card I could get for an 8X AGP based motherboard and a power supply with only Molex 4 connectors.Anti-aliasing seems to be a problem with Nvidia drivers and FS9 and FSX right now. Nvidia has not been very responsive to customer complaints but there is a workaround. You can get the third party app. called nHancer to create your own driver profile for FS. I haven't done that yet, but my workaround is to set AA as "application controlled" at the card control panel and then check the AA box within FS.If I could have gotten an ATI card, I would have done so, but my motherboard and P/S were constraints for me. Despite the driver problem, I am happy with the performance increase that I got with the new card. Check out this website for great video card information and comparisons: http://www.playtool.com/pages/home/index.htmlKim

Before being able to recommend ANY card, or give ANY sort of advice, first say what resolution your are/going to run.Display-resolution + Type of GPU + Decent PSU = Great FunGetting either one wrong and out of sync will give negative performance.