Sign in to follow this  
olivermbs

New PC needing better drivers (8800 Ultra)

Hello!Well a few weeks back now I bought my new PC, the specs are:Intel C2D E6600 OC at 3.1Ghz| 4 GB GeIL Black Dragon RAM | BFG nForce 680i SLI | WINDOWS XP Pro SP2 + WINDOWS VISTA ULTIMATE DUAL BOOT | 74GB WD RAPTOR SATA (10000rpm) | SEAGATE BARRACUDAs: 1 x 200GB SATA 1 x 300 GB SATA | 1 x BFG Geforce 8800 ULTRA OC 768Mb| ZALMAN CNPS9700 NT TRITIUM SUPER AERO COOLER | 1 x 17 INCH TFT Black 1024x768 | EGA850EWL-DXX GALAXY | Thermaltake Cabinet Swing Black with Window | Trust Speakers Sp-6600A 5.1 Home Theatre System | 4 x Nexus Fans 120x120 (silent) | 3 x Hard Disk Fans | Blue and Red neonsWell up to now I havent had tooo many problems, appart from Call of Duty 2 crashing, but now FS seems to be throwing a wobbly a little too often for my liking aswell.Today I was flying EGLL-LLBG, and I went to watch some TV, when I came back the screen was black and I had a msg saying that it had to close. I tried retrieving the flight from the "AutoSave" utility, but FS just crashed again.I've also had problems with my drivers, at the moment I'm using the ones which came with my graphics cards, the latest ones from the Nvidia site give me horrible AA and if I open a window in FS everything below it is black (and seeing as I fly online with SB3 that problem is not good).Now I'm wondering, are there any good drivers for the card I have? Do you think its a driver related problem? I also had the same problem about 2 weeks ago during and event when the PC crashed on finals after about 7 hours, that flight was with the Level-D 767, todays flight was with the PMDG 747.My AA is set to 4x, AF to 16x and High Quality.I shouldn't really with a system like this have much instability, allthough I wasted alot of money getting 4 Gigs RAM when my OS can only support 2.75 afaik.Any help would be appreciated!Thanks alot!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Oliver,Driver-wise I run 162.18 and 162.22, but im running both x64 OS's. As far as the Black window,its a long standing driver issue.I got your mail you send me about this, I wrote a bit more detailed in there, forgot to do it here, no use in doing it double so just read your mail.Take care,