Sign in to follow this  
Guest Flybyme

2 monitors or a single bigger one..???

Hi Davis- good to hear from you. Yes, bezel separation of the three images was a concern for me too. About the same time as I figured out how to synchronize the views for roll and pitch, I happened to glance at a nice, Boeing glossy of the REAL 744 'pit. (Hangs on the wall to remind me to get moving & go flying!!). The corner windscreen posts on this bird, which separate the REAL- View FWD from Views R/L FWD, appear to be 5 to 6" wide! And my bezel separation,with ancient CRTs, is only 3 1/2" !! So I think I have a pretty good representation of the 744 flight deck views. The correspondence from reality to sim is not bad! With careful view/horizon alignment, I perceive the world, essentially, as a single image- about 48" wide with a 180

Guest Flybyme

Tell me, u use 3 video cards with the same cpu or u have 3 different computers?Wonder If I can add a 2nd video card on my pc...but i guess it depends on the mothercard, corrrect?

Guest wayupthere

Hey Alex,Sounds nice and great its working for you, however for me thats just 3 1/2" too much, call me finicky ;)Anyway maybe someday when there are bezel-less monitors I might opt for it again, I had triple 24" for a little bit but couldn't like it.For now I'll stick with my 57", if I had the space, and more so the money for two extra ones, I might give it another go lol, but i don't, so not going to :( .Anyway, nice shots, why not also make some shots of your landing ;)Take care..

Guest wayupthere

Paco,I'll just reply to the GPU part, I'll leave the multi-monitor stuff to Alex..You can add a second GPU to a system IF your motherboard supports SLI/ or ATI equivalent Crossfire, also check the speeds as not every mobo supports SLI with both slots supporting x16 speeds, some board throttle the second slot down to x8 when SLI is used, just a few things you might want to check up upon.Regards,ps. Just to throw it in, when running dual cards, you need to in most cases up your PSU also, should you have a low/midrange one currently. just a FYI ;)

Guest Flybyme

What can u say about this M.BOARD ASUS S775 P5K + gigalan Intel P35Front side bus 1333 Mhz ...?Can I do somehing?;o)

Guest wayupthere

Hi Paco,>>Can I do something?I don't quite understand what you mean by that. If you want to know if you can run SLI on that, NO you can however run CrossFire on it, which is also Dual GPU but ATI Style. FSB 1333 is just the new standard for upcoming and some current new Intel CPU's.