Sign in to follow this  
ABE

TAMING VISTA........DAVIS

I am running Vista Home Premium 64 on a separate drive. For the most part, I like it, specially for the fact that it does recognize all of the 4 Gigs of ram I have. I did change the look of it as close as can be to XP pro.The thing that irks me most is SECURITY. Even logged in as ADMINISTRATOR, there are some tasks that are either DENIED completely, or have to be modified somewhat. I did disable UAC for whatever it's worth, but it does not seem to cover everything.Does anybody have any tricks up their sleeve that would make VISTA TAMER?Appreciate any help.Thanks.Abe

Guest wayupthere

Hey Abe,Yes Vista can be pretty strict. What you can do is inside you program folder, create your own sub-folders in there that will house your installed programs.Then use the permissions to take full ownership, thats how I have mine setup, and does help loosen it up.Regards,

Thanks Davis.I did some of that, but unfortunately it did not resolve everything. I wish Vista was as friendly and carefree as XP. Maybe with the advent of Vista SP1 some of those stubborn issues would be resolved. We can only hope.......Catch you later.Abe