Sign in to follow this  
G-SWSM

Nvidia drivers question.

Hi,I'm very confused now, as I have just checked on the Nvidia site, and it's giving me two different options.I can install their new web based driver checker, which tells you what you have got now, and then recommends the relevant version.for example, it told me I have the NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GS 163.71 and recommends I get the ForceWare Release 169. Version: 169.21 WHQLRelease Date: December 19, 2007 This is 44.867 in size.but if I do a manual search, selecting my operating system, card type and language, which is English UK, it them comes up with the followingForceWare Release 169 WHQL Version: 169.21 Release Date: 19.12.2007 Operating System: Windows XP, Windows XP Media Center Edition Language: English (International) File Size: 70.2 MB So, I am very confused as to which one I should actually get.Can anyone shed any light on this for me.Thanks.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Steve,When you do a manual search, it gives you the International version, so it includes support for more then just the english language. IIRC, when using their new web based checker, it checks for the OS default language, in your case English UK, and will then revert to the smaller sized installer (which doesn't contain support for any other language then your english)I would opt for the smallest size, no use in getting the more bloated version.Personally, I never got the ones directly from Nvidia instead I used the tweaked Xtreme-Gs found [a href=http://www.tweakforce.com/" target="_blank]HERE[/a]Hope this helps,Regards,