Sign in to follow this  
january

Hardware Accel Slider ?

Can someone enlighten me as to what the Hardware Accel slider actually does? In my triple mon sys, retarding this slider two notches for the outer monitors, eliminates ALL jerks and stutters.(main mon slider remains full accel- far right)I suspect it has something to do with how long a pixel remains illuminated. Retarding appears to aid smoothness when I encounter slower frame rates- particularly in situations when fps dips well below 16. (Which on my five year old sys is not uncommon at high density airports- but still smoothly flyable as low as 6 fps!)Anyone? Thanks Alex Reid

Guest wayupthere

Hello Alex,Well to keep it REALLY simple, all it really does is giving you the option to adjust the range of features handled by your GPU.When you have the slider at full acceleration everything is accelerated (cursor acceleration and bitmap acceleration etc..), the next slot will make some 2D redering done by the CPU instead of the GPU. (This mostly being software other than 3D applications)Another slot down will set it to best compatiblity and performance. You really rarely need to touch it, unless problems arise and you need to trouble-shoot.Regards,DT

Guest baksteen33

Hi Alex, I hope pseudo technical responses are also allowed... :-) I would compare it to a priority slider, giving those outer monitors less system priority, leaves more for the core tasks. What you're seeing seems to be logical. Kind regards Jaap

Guest baksteen33

Ohayo Davissan, Good to see you around, KingByte! :-) GreetingsMiniByte :-)

Thanks Davis & Jaap- Your replies go a long way toward explaining what I'm seeing.Phrased another way then, retarding the outer mon Accel sliders allows the main mon, at full Accel, to use a disproportionate share of whatever CPU horsepower is available.Would I be correct that the displayed FPS is a measure of the slowest performing monitor?That would explain nicely why the airplane continues to fly smoothly even though the FPS shows a ridiculously low figure. The main mon with 90

Guest wayupthere

Hey Alex,Like I said, the average user doesn't really look into that stuff, but what you have done, and are seeing is quite normal. If one knows what he/she is doing they would end up with equal results :)>>Switch off the FPS display and enjoy flight simming!That should be a sticky here, enjoy the sim itself not those pesky red digits :DRegards,Davis T.