Sign in to follow this  
fbobum

Any opinions? Speculations?

Guest jordan

The developers negotiate the compensation they recieve from Abacus, so if they are treated unfairly, I don't think its because of Abacus. From what I know about the process, they are fair. Perhaps someone could differ on that opinion, but if they contributed their development work to the product, I would have to ask why? If they thought they were treated unfairly, or didn't recieve enough compensation, I would guess that they just wouldn't get involved.Abacus products in my opinion are a little "hit or miss". Some are great, and some are lacking. But in general, their staff is absolutely great, and they are pretty dedicated to puting flight sim products on the shelf, and I appreciate what they do. Even if I don't purchase every release. Also, in case there is any confusion, Hovercontrol, and/or myself are not affiliated with Abacus other than the fact that they offered to add any Hovercontrol material I provided to each box (without charge).I wish they would have "felt out" the helicopter community a little more before completing their latest product. I think they could have increased the quality and content, without spending much more money or time. I'm sure a hard-core helicopter simmer like us would not gain much from this product, because we all know where to get the raw ingredients for free. However, I think there will be some casual gamers that will buy the boxed version just because they have a passing interest. Hopefully some of those will realize there is a lot more resources out there for their enjoyment and get more involved.

>I think there will be some casual gamers>that will buy the boxed version just because they have a>passing interest. Hopefully some of those will realize there>is a lot more resources out there for their enjoyment and get>more involved.>Like you, I hope so, Jason. If I didn't say it here in this thread, Abacus has treated me fairly. Nevertheless, I am un-encumbered--completely. Whether Abacus or Lago, Flight1, Microsoft, or HoverControl, I say what I think right here in public. That won't change. ;-)Of course, I fully expect in some quarters the reader's mileage can and will vary.