Sign in to follow this  

Wingman Force 3D Questions

Some lurking here use the Wingman and I now own one. My Pedals CH-Products Pro USB should arrive today via UPS (color me excited!).A question of two for the Logitech Wingman users:l. As someone new to this, may I ask you to share your "button" configuration(s)? 2. Downloadable game profiles?3. With the pedals handling the rudder, any good use for the "Twist?"4. Comments on the size of the "null" zone?TIA!

Guest Grey_Wolf

l. As someone new to this, may I ask you to share your "button" configuration(s)? For my Wingman Force 3D I have the following 1, Brakes 2,3,4,5, I dont use I hold the joystick low near the base to help stabilise my wrist, I forget where I originally found that suggestion, but its helped a lot. 6, unasigned in flight sim, I use fusipc to send a transmit command to both Rogerwilco and teamspeak 7, pause 2. Downloadable game profiles? never used them, never used the profile software, I keep the system resorses free for the sim and make all asignments directly in the sim3. With the pedals handling the rudder, any good use for the "Twist?" I have the older game port with toe brakes. Of course with this set up I needed a game port joystick so the pedals work corectly, The wingman; x,y: the main stick (for some dumb reason my minds drawing a blank on the corect name) z, none Throttle, collective game port joystick; x, mixture y, prop pitch throttle, spoilers (for the FS gliders I fly) z Rudder second game port handles the toebrakes I still cant think of anything to use my twist for, I've removed the pot and am geting ready to install it on the side of the wingman base, with a little lever added I can asign that to flaps, but as the spioler it wont do much for the helicopters. 4. Comments on the size of the "null" zone? I have my null zones set to none and sensitivity almost maxed. It makes helicopters react more quickly, wich is proper, but it is an advantage as for me it also made the helicopters more manageable. It does make the aircraft I fly a bit twitchy though. It took me lots of expierimenting to get things set up in a way I liked, it might be a benchmark/ starting point, but I strongly sugest to expieriment and find what works best for you. I also admit I have a hadfull of unused buttons floating around on two joysticks I do about all of my other commands on the keyboard, and I do 5 times as much pre flight than I ever did in any thing with wings. The less I have to do away from the wingman the better my flights work out. I cant stress enough how much a very through preflight has helped me. Having FunGrey_Wolf

Thanks very much for taking time to share your set-up and information.Like you, I use small movements, hand at the base of the joystick.It all came together when I got the pedals but I'm still not very good. The Hoversafe curriculum may help but I'm not doing bad . . . I find it fairly easy to navigate, fly between buildings, hover marginally well, and sort-of land. :-(Flying from "outside" the chopper seems a good way to land spot-on but so far, my best results come from staying in the cockpit.These helicopters are just the best and a great way to appreciate the add-on scenery.I also drive trains in Train-Sim, where scenery is absolutely everything and I am enjoying both.Cheers!

Guest Grey_Wolf

I forget what the file was called, but it was an upgrade for runway textures here at AVSIM. it add lots of ecpansion joints in the runway textures (groves). I dont actually care for the apearance but tight there on any runway I have lots of refrence to judge my movements in trying to master the hover (still). You can detect even the slightest of movements.I find I fly best from the virtual cokpit, I know many who strongly hates the VC for heli flying, but once I have myself zoomed so I can see the VSI, airspeed, and attitude gauges I fly my best, thats just my quirk.Having FunGrey_Wolf