Sign in to follow this  
Guest ColdBear

How TO...

Guest ColdBear

CREATE A REAL FLIGHT PLAN??? with the hole in it i.e. fuel, time, wind and such! Can somebody help me please

Guest JamieG

I would love to know to too)

Guest AndrewW

Check out: -http://www.alfaone.co.uk/fsd2002/This contains a 767 Dispatch program which will then build 'the whole' flight plan. Including weights, route, legs etc. I've only used it a few times as I only discovered it last weekend, it's a nice little program! The only thing I would like to see implemented would be for it to read 767PIC.rte format flight-plans...Worth a download!Hope this helps, Andrew

>CREATE A REAL FLIGHT PLAN??? with the hole in it i.e. fuel, >time, wind and such! Can somebody help me please Self-serving (sorry), but for how to do time/distance and figure out fuel burns, time, etc. see: http://www.stoenworks.com/Tutorials/Naviga...20tutorial.htmlThis is one of many flying tutorials that are available.Hal

hey guys I recently wrote how to make a realistic transatlantic flight plan I hope you guy can use it. note: it's still a first copyHow to plan a realistic Atlantic flight?You might say well look up the preferred route and that's it. Well with Atlantic routes it's a bit different, aircraft flying over the Atlantic follow so called NAT's (North Atlantic Tracks). These tracks change twice a day to make sure aircraft bound for Europe will have as much as possible tailwind and aircraft bound for the U.S. will have as least as possible headwind. Now if you might to make a realistic flight on VATSIM you will have to do some planning yourself. Luckily you can find all the information you need on the internet. We will be making a flight plan for flight American 104 from New York-JFK to London-Heathrow on a 767-300ER.The first thing we do is go to http://www.natroutes.glideslope.de/ As we are departing from John F. Kennedy the first thing we have to do is look up the routes to file to minimize delays today these are the following routes:= =TRACK U/ JFK.GREKI3.MARTN..TOPPS.N125A.YAY.TRAKUTRACK V/ JFK.MERIT3.PUT..EBONY.N109B.DOTTY.TRAKVTRACK W/ JFK.BETTE3.ACK..ALLEX.N93B.CYMON.TRAKWTRACK X/ JFK.BETTE3.ACK..TUSKY.N77B.YQX.TRAKXTRACK Y/ JFK.HAPIE3.YAHOO..BRADD.N61B.VIXUN.TRAKY= =Now we will look we up what routes we can use when we come of the track.We can find those here http://www.cfmu.eurocontrol.be/chmi_public/ciahome.jsp and then look for NAT- Eastbound.As we will be arriving at Heathrow (EGLL) we will find the following routes= = LIMRI UN523 DOLIP UN523 CRK UL607 NUMPO Y3 NIGIT OCK1F FROM KEWR AND KJFK ONLY VIA: UN523 DOLIP UN525 SHA UV14 DUB UL975 WAL UB3 HON BNN1AORDINIM UN514 GIPER UN516 CRK UL607 NUMPO Y3 NIGIT OCK1F FROM KEWR AND KJFK ONLY VIA: UN514 GIPER UN517 SHA UV14 DUB UL975 WAL UB3 HON BNN1A= =So we found out that we can only use the tracks which have LIMRI and DINIM as exit point so we can only use one of the two tracks who have that. Now if we look at http://www.natroutes.glideslope.de/ again you will find that track Whiskey (CYMON 51/50 52/40 52/30 52/20 LIMRI DOLIP) and track X-ray (X YQX 50/50 51/40 51/30 51/20 DINIM GIPER) are the ones to use. Now we can also find what departure route we will have to use, since we can only pick from track W and X.Lets say we'd pick track X-ray our first part of the route will look like this: BETTE3 ACK TUSKY N77B YQX TRAKX LIMRIAs last we will have to find a correct route to Heathrow, as we are departing from JFK we even got a restriction and have to fly via UN514 GIPER UN517 SHA UV14 DUB UL975 WAL UB3 HON BNN1ANow all we have to do is put the complete route together for ATC and file it. When we put it together nicely it will look like the following:BETTE3 ACK TUSKY N77B YQX NATX LIMRI UN514 GIPER UN517 SHA UV14 DUB UL975 WAL UB3 HON BNN1ANow it's time to note it all down and fly the Atlantic.For any questions feel free to email me