Sign in to follow this  
Guest mikehaska

RTW 2002

Guest mikehaska

Hi all,This summer, I'm planning a multi-leg round the world trip. I wanted to keep the legs small and manageable, but I also wanted to see as much as possible.I will be flying the FFG BA DC-10, starting and ending in London (I don't know why, just seemed right)My route is as follows:London-FrankfurtFrankfurt-AthensAthens-CairoCairo-KuwaitKuwait-DheliDheli-BeijingBeijing-KansaiKansia-BruneiBrunei-DarwinDarwin-Sydney*1Sydney-Johnston Atoll (Really neat place to visit!)Atoll-HonoluluHonolulu-San FranciscoSan Francisco-ChicagoChicago-BostonBoston-MiamiMiami-Princess Juliana (Of course)Juliana-Panama CityPanama City-SantiagoSantiago-Rio De Janero*2Rio-CapetownCapetown-Libreville (In Gabon, I added this to cut the route between Africa and Europe in half)Libreville-MadridMadrid-RomeRome-GenevaGeneva-LondonNow, at *1 I would like to go from Sydney-New Zealand and then on to Mt. Erebus (in Antarcatica), OR at *2, from Rio, fly to Antarctica, turn around and fly back to Rio.1. Which should I do?2. Please let me know if there are other cities to add/replace on my list!Thanks everyone :-)

Guest filfpg

woaw....tons of hours just for planning the trip...i think i can do all except your extra flights i need i least two or three wpts maybe i can but certainly not sure....just a question why using dc10 for that flight....do you need specific zfw or else...see youphil

What a big trip !!!Maybe I can help you for some of your legs... Here we go:EGLL-EDDF, 384NM:-EGLL0600-N0470F270 DVR UG1 KONAN UL607 SPI UT180 ARCKY T180 EPINO EPINO2W-EDDFXXXX EDDSFL270 is minimum required for this route, but you may choose an higher level.EDDF-LGAV, 1051NM:-EDDF0800-N0470F390 NDG6G NDG UB103 MAH UW70 MANAL UM736 LIZUM UL607 ZDA UZ467TIBLA UZ740 AIOSA UL862 BRD UL612 ARA/N0450F230 B34 NEMES-LGAVXXXX LGTSNo restrictions on FL, I guess FL390 would be optimun for a DC-10.All these routes are RAD compliant.Yohann, LFLL.

Guest mikehaska

Thx for the replies, guys!The DC-10's such a fine aircraft, I can't imagine a plane I could spend this much time with and not go crazy! Plus, my options were quite limited to the DC-10, L1011 (which I didn't want to go with) 767, 777, and a330/340. I knocked those off the list pretty quick, and was left to choose between 747 and DC-10. I picked the classic!

Guest The Ancient Brit

Mike, I assume this is your first name, your intention to keep your RTW legs small and manageable is commendable. So many RTW pilots get into their heads that the idea is go around in as few legs as possible and commit themselves to seven, eight hour legs and even longer. I am currently engaged on an east to west RTW (my fifth) and with the twenty-seven legs written so far, have succeeded in keeping them to less than three hours duration. I would make two comments on your proposal and I hope you will accept that my comments are made in the spirit of constructive criticism.You state

Guest mikehaska

Denis,Thanks for your message- indeed, it's nice to get some feedback :-)I did fit Rome in my plan, it's the second last city I will be visiting. What I will do is replace Geneva with Paris (How could I forget Paris!?!), so that I can get the Alps in with an overfly on the way from Rome-ParisI would love for you to send that plan over! You can email me by clicking the little mail icon above the post.Thanks for your help-Mike: When I get the chance, I will plot out the course on this planner:http://gc.kls2.com/

Guest The Ancient Brit

Mike,I

Hi Denis,>I am currently engaged on an east to west RTW (my fifth)I see that you are still busy globe-trotting!!! :-lol I think that I am getting close to embarking on a RTW trek in the very near future. I may use one of the Noble/POSKY 767's along with PIC.:-beerchug

hi,I can provide you real AFR f/p for your Roma/Paris and Paris/London legs:(FPL-AFR3839-IS-B742/H-SIRWY/S-LIRF0530-N0484F380 ELB UM729 GALBI UR13 TINIL-LFPG0135 LFPO-EET/LIMM0023 LSAG0049 LFMM0053 LSAG0054 LFEE0057 LFFF0109 REG/FBPVTDOF/030311)(FPL-AFR070H-IS-A319/+-?/?-LFPG0600-N0450F240 OPALE UT425 ABUDA UT426 DIMAL UT420 ALESO-EGLL0050-RMK/AF 1070)Alt restriction in force: not more than FL240.Yohann, LFLL.

Guest The Ancient Brit

Mike,Check your mailbox and you will find a flight plan London to Paris. It is a default GPS FS2K2 plan with full flight briefing. I have managed to include Windsor Castle, Big Ben and the Millennium Dome, the Tower of London and the Thames Barrage on the UK side and the Eiffel Tower and Notre Dame on the French side. The flight duration when I flew it was 1 hour 11 minutes. I have managed to keep the waypoint count down to something reasonable, a mere 516 (five hundred and sixteen) but I hope you will think the plan is value for money. If you like it I will upload it to the Avsim library some time in the near future.Cheers, Denis. The Ancient Brit.

Guest The Ancient Brit

S