Sign in to follow this  
Guest SIX

ATTN OBK

Guest SIX

Hello OBK,Does that stand for Obiwan Kinobi by any chance? Anyways...I tried doing a flt plan from WSSS to EGLL and this is what it (PM Flight Planner) finally produced:DCT VKB A334 HTY W17 URG A107 NUKUS G5 KUNAS B363 AKT A87 TAMAK UL980 SUI Y208 TUVAK UL980 RKN UL480 REFSO UR1 LOGAN LAM3AThere are several air routes that it post an "in between" distance of over a 1,000nm and one that post a distance of more than 9,000nm!LOL!. I just can't figure this thing out. I have downloaded and used the manual too. I chose the correct exit and entry points. Any ideas?-----------Wilson HinesChief CaptainBush Logistics Corp.http://heavylhc.comAOL IM: dal276wh

Guest obk

LOL, no it means "On Board Kid"...the Britannia Airways slogan, my favorite airline!Anyway, I think you have chosen a wrong entry point, VKB doesn't really ring any bells for me, and i don't think it's part of any sids/stars at WSSS. However, I tried and used VJR with the following SIDS available; VJR3A/4D/7B. This gives the following routing:VJR W534 KVR UB493 REPLI UM991 NM UA277 USTIL UL980 SUI Y208 TUVAK UL980 RKN UL480 REFSO UR1 LOGANA nice routing, and only 5787.4nm, far more friendly!The only problem with this routing that would pose a problem for the pilots is the W534 airway joining VJR and KVR. About 4500nm of no waypoints! Better take an Oblique Mercator chart with you for those position checks!Anyway, good luck. I think it's all to do with the entry/exit points :)

Guest Stratus_Fractus

I was thinking more along the lines of the Northbrook VOR, but thanks for clarifying. ;-)