Sign in to follow this  

ATTN: Dalat -- KPDX Flightplans as You Requested

Dalat-Not really a whole lot here. I've been quite busy at work lately and only had time to monitor PDX for about an hour. I figured I'd catch more Int'l departures/arrivals in the evening, but I guess I was wrong there. Didn't catch one! I did get a few Alaska, Horizon, and cargo flights though. Flights have the company in parethesis next to the flight number and the associated radio call in brackets if it differs from the company name. I also listed aircraft type in parethesis to differentiate between various models if the identifiers were alike, ie. the Dash-8s that Horizon flies. If you want me to monitor a particular time just let me know and I'll see if I can't fit it in for you. The text file is attached at the bottom. Hope you find something you like!Regards,Dan Zollnerhttp://jdtllc.com/images/RCsupporter.jpg

Guest Dalat

Wow, Dan! For only monitoring an hour, you sure came up with a lot of flights...judas priest! I counted about 85 flights in all. Lots and lots of fun flights to try out.To answer your question, I'm not sure what would be an optimal time to monitor flights in/out of PDX. Your guess is as good as mine. For now, I think you can stop with PDX and see what's happening out of KSEA. I'm sure KSEA's got a bit more int'l flights, for sure (again, not positive about optimal times to catch heavies coming in from overseas or from the right coast).Thanks for all the detailed information...equipment, altitude, etc., really helps; hope it wasn't a huge burden on you, though.Catch you later,DalatKEUG

I'll see what I can do. ;) I'll be leaving for WI this weekend for the holdays, but while up there I won't have much to do except browse the net. I'll probably end up getting you more than you asked for. :D To be continued....Regards,Dan Zollnerhttp://jdtllc.com/images/RCsupporter.jpg

Guest Dalat

Thanks, Dan. Enjoy your holidays in WI.....I'm staying in OR this time, got tired of going to WA and CA. Last year I was in HK (yep, Hong Kong.....family lives there and is where I grew up); always a great place to spend the Holidays and New Years.Out of curiosity (what else?), are you a Dispatcher or an Air Traffic Controller? You are obviously having a lot of fun, hah.Happy Holidays to you.Dalat