Sign in to follow this  
Guest 737767

EDDF-DNMM

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hey,I could not find any DLH flight # for this flight, thus I made this fictional one. (FPL-DLH1984-IN-A343/H-SIJRWXY/SD-EDDM1050-N0473F310 DCT TULSI UM736 LIZUM UZ907 VIC UL12 ELB UL125KOVAS/N0473F330 UA9 CAR/N0471F390 UG14 CSO R978BOD UG855 NY UR981D TENTU R981 RASAL DCT-DNMM0550 DBBB -DOF/021229 REG/D-AIFA SEL/ACGP )Enjoy it!Andrej L.

Thank you for that plan! It is LH 562 and LH 564Happy new year!

Hey,sorry for the error, but I could swear that I saw EDDM. Hmm, gotta check my eyes.OK, DLH564 is as follows:(FPL-DLH564-IS-A343/H-SIJRWXY/SD-EDDF1040-N0459F290 DCT ANEKI Y163 NATOR UN850 DORAV/N0459F310 UN850ABRON UT250 ERPIN UT450 BARIL UT34 ETOIL UA605CSO/N0473F330 UR978 BOD/N0471F350 UG855NY/N0467F370 UR981D TENTU UR981 RASAL DCT-DNMM0554 DBBB -DOF/021231 REG/D-AIFA SEL/ACGP )Happy New Year :-jumpy and happy flying!Cheers,Andrej L. :-wave

Hi Andrej,With big interest I have read your flightplan. If I create the same flightplan, my outcome would be rather different.I would write the second line like -A343/H-SEHIJRWXY/S for Lufthansa (because it is airline dependent).Thereby, when you use "J" in this line, you have to enter a DAT/ in the last line (DAT/SV for Lufthansa).In the real world, DLH564 departs at 0940Z.For the intitial altitude/speed combination I would choose 471 kts and FL350.As far as I know, all flightplans from Germany have a SID indicator at the beginning (like ANEKI2L in this case for today).I think there should be a level and speed indication at the RVSM exit point (like CIRTA/N0468F370 on the UA605 for this flightplan).Something about the alternate airport: there are not many rules for the alternate airport, so DBBB can be used as alternate, but I think a lot of aircraft operators won't, because it is in another country :) You'd better try to find a good alternate in the same country (e.g. DNAA). My last line would contain REG/DAIFA without the "-".And there is a standard order of indicators for the last line:EET/ RIF/ REG/ SEL/ OPR/ STS/ TYP/ PER/ COM/ DAT/ NAV/ DEP/ DEST/ ALTN/ RALT/ RMK/ EST/ DOF/ RFP/ RVR/ ORGN/ IFP/ AWR/ SRC/Together, my version of your flightplan would be (sorry, I didn't calculate the EET's):(FPL-DLH564-IS-A343/H-SEHIJRWXY/S-EDDF0940-N0471F350 ANEKI2L ANEKI Y163 NATOR UN850 ABRON UT250 ERPIN UT450 BARIL UT34 ETOIL UA605 CIRTA/N0468F370 UA605 CSO UR978 ELO/N0471F350 UR978 BOD UG855 NY/N0469F370 UR981D TENTU UR981 LAG DCT-DNMM0546 DNAA-EET/ REG/DAIFA SEL/ACGP OPR/DLH DAT/SV RMK/TCAS ADS DOF/021231)Kind regards and happy new year,Koen

Hello Koen,firstly, let me thank you that you are replying to my flight plan post. I appriecaite the effort from your side on correcting the numerous errors in my flight planing. I am not proffesional flight planner, and I have started flight planing just one month ago. Thus, I need a lot of to learn. You seem to master this skill in great detail. I would really apprecitiate if you could answer some questions for me. Thanks!write the second line like -A343/H-SEHIJRWXY/S for Lufthansa (because it is airline dependent).Thereby, when you use "J" in this line, you have to enter a DAT/ in the last line (DAT/SV for Lufthansa). I am using www.pmflightplanner.com to get the strip. Thus, I am not aware of all the equipment each airplane has. However, should I fill in "J" for each airline? In the real world, DLH564 departs at 0940Z. I was using local time. So 1040CET = 0940Z :-) I guess, I should stick with Zulu time. For the intitial altitude/speed combination I would choose 471 kts and FL350. I am using lower FL, b/c I tought that you have to brun some fuel before you can climb higher. But I guess, that I too low.As far as I know, all flightplans from Germany have a SID indicator at the beginning (like ANEKI2L in this case for today). I am aware of SID is present on most departures, probably around the world. However, I do not know, what RWY are planes using and thus each pilot can use the best RWY according their needs. And also, ANEKI2L, isn't that SID for RWY18 only? I am not sure with this one. Also, do you know web-page, where I can find what SID are in use? Thank You!I think there should be a level and speed indication at the RVSM exit point (like CIRTA/N0468F370 on the UA605 for this flightplan). I have no access to all the charts, and thus I am not aware of exit/entry points for RVSM. Also, RVSM, is that in use over Africa as well, or do they plan to implemented over there as well?Something about the alternate airport: there are not many rules for the alternate airport, so DBBB can be used as alternate, but I think a lot of aircraft operators won't, because it is in another country You'd better try to find a good alternate in the same country (e.g. DNAA). I was using the shortest airports and with long RWYs as well. I guess, that I should stay in the same country. My last line would contain REG/DAIFA without the "-".And there is a standard order of indicators for the last line:EET/ RIF/ REG/ SEL/ OPR/ STS/ TYP/ PER/ COM/ DAT/ NAV/ DEP/ DEST/ ALTN/ RALT/ RMK/ EST/ DOF/ RFP/ RVR/ ORGN/ IFP/ AWR/ SRC/I believed that "-" should not be used for SELCALs. Once more sorry!Together, my version of your flightplan would be (sorry, I didn't calculate the EET's):(FPL-DLH564-IS-A343/H-SEHIJRWXY/S-EDDF0940-N0471F350 ANEKI2L ANEKI Y163 NATOR UN850 ABRON UT250 ERPIN UT450 BARIL UT34 ETOIL UA605 CIRTA/N0468F370 UA605 CSO UR978 ELO/N0471F350 UR978 BOD UG855 NY/N0469F370 UR981D TENTU UR981 LAG DCT-DNMM0546 DNAA-EET/ REG/DAIFA SEL/ACGP OPR/DLH DAT/SV RMK/TCAS ADS DOF/021231)If you will be so kind, would you be able to help me with the calculations of the EETs? I know, that my last line os not correct, but I am lost with this one. Overall, thanks for help with all of my questions. One will never know, how much can I learn in one day. :-)Otherwise, would you approve my routing? Once more BIG thanks, and Happy New Year to you! :-jumpyCheers,Andrej L. :-wave

Hello Andrej,I'm very glad I can help you. Here are the answers to your questions:I am using www.pmflightplanner.com to get the strip. Thus, I am not aware of all the equipment each airplane has. However, should I fill in "J" for each airline?I don't know the equipment of all carriers, but http://home.planet.nl/~duijn181/flightplans/NavEqpt.txt|here' target="_blank"> is a list that might help. :)I am aware of SID is present on most departures, probably around the world. However, I do not know, what RWY are planes using and thus each pilot can use the best RWY according their needs. And also, ANEKI2L, isn't that SID for RWY18 only? I am not sure with this one. Also, do you know web-page, where I can find what SID are in use? Thank You!It's always very difficult to find the runway that is in use. You can look to the weather information and take the best runway according to the wind direction and speed (http://weather.noaa.gov/weather/metar.shtml).But probably the best thing to do is to go to www.cfmu.eurocontrol.be/chmi_public/ciahome.jsp?serv1=ifpuvs . This webpage will check all flightplans from/to Europe. When a SID designator is needed, it will automatically add it.I have no access to all the charts, and thus I am not aware of exit/entry points for RVSM. Also, RVSM, is that in use over Africa as well, or do they plan to implemented over there as well?At the moment, RVSM is only implemented in European and Oceanic Airspace. As far as I know, there are no plans to implement RVSM in Africa or the USA as well... You can find the RVSM entry and exit points [link:www.cfmu.eurocontrol.int/rvsm/docs/entryexitafter311002v3.html|here].I believed that "-" should not be used for SELCALs. Once more sorry!No problem, both selcal and registration are without the "-". :)If you will be so kind, would you be able to help me with the calculations of the EETs? I know, that my last line os not correct, but I am lost with this one.Calculating the EET's is probabaly the most difficult part of the flightplan. I'll give an example for this flightplan how to calculate them.At each FIR/UIR boundary and/or oceanic reporting point, aircraft operators will enter an estimated enroute time (EET).The first boundary we'll cross departing EDDF will be the boundary of LSAS UIR (5 nm before TRA VOR on the UN850). You can use enroute charts or a utility like FS Navigator to find the FIR/UIR name.Let's look to the flightplan. Our route is: N0471F350 ANEKI2L ANEKI Y163 NATOR UN850 .... That means that we will travel with 471 kts, which is the same as 471 nautical miles per hour.To calculate the time to get to 5 nm prior TRA, we need the distance to that point.The ANEKI2L SID is 41 nm (I got that from the airport charts. When you don't have the charts, don't worry, you can use the direct distance from EDDF to ANEKI).The second leg (ANEKI Y163 NATOR) is 70 nm (you can use [link:www.asalink.net/davideg/rfquery.html]this site] to get that distance).And from NATOR to 5 nm prior TRA it is 24 nm.Now we know that the total distance to the LSAS UIR is 135 nm and that we travel with a speed of 471 nm per hour. That means we are at the LSAS boundary after 17 minutes ((135 / 471) * 60). But because we don't fly at cruise speed directly after takeoff, aircraft operators will add

Hey Koen,Thanks for your reply! All of the sites were very useful. However, I have one problem, regarding those EETs! I am clueless about all the FIR points, and I am not able to find any good website to get that info. I am aware of one site, which gave you some of this info, but stupid me, I did not booked that page. :-(Well, once more thanks for you help. Also, you have mentioned that it is harder for you to get Asian routes. I believe that for me it should be easier, thus if you need help, you know where to go! ;-)Cheers,Andrej L.