Sign in to follow this  

Airport is not displayed

Hello,I just reinstalled fs2002. I create a flight starting with cold and dark cockpit and select the starting position at the gate. Once the flight loads I don't see the gate or airport. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to correct this. Any help would be much appreciated.ThanksKarl

Several things could be wrong. When you reinstalled, did you delete any fs2002 folders left on your system before you reinstalled? If not, you may have left corrupted files which were reinstalled after you installed fs2002 again. If the reason you uninstalled was to get rid of problems, you may have to uninstall, delete the residual fs2002 folders, then reinstall.If you did delete all reminents when you uninstalled, your reinstall may have been corrupted or didn't install all the scenery files. However, if it missed installing the files and you selected an area where the files were missing, then it should report a scenery error.Have you tried a different airport, location, or just a regular flight to see if the airport shows up?

Hello,Thanks for your reply. I will try to uninstall and reinstall the program again. For the last little while I've had some major issues with the installation of fs2002. It got so bad that I called MicrosoftSupport. What had happened is after the installation (which went well with no error messages) I would start the sim and then I would receiveAn error message "Scenery Read Error". With the help of this Forum a person pointed me to a Knowledge Base Article at Microsoft which said to alter the Boot.ini file to add MAXMEM=256 for a Windows 2000 ProOS. Unfortunately this did not help me, this is when I decided to to contact Microsoft support. After several attempts with them we came down to removing a possible defected ram stick. I'm using 2* 128 DDR 266 stick. So I did remove one stick and reinstalled fs2002. This worked but now the airport is not displayed. To answer your question the airports were not displayed at several locations.Thanks Karl