Sign in to follow this  

restoring the default AI traffic?

At first I was really amazed by the MYTraffic. After a year of 30% ATC, I was able to boost ATC to 100% and still have good frame rates, even in NYC. At some point, though, things took a turn for the worse. Now frame rates are poor even at 30% ATC at busy airports. I've added some other addons and have uninstalled and reinstalled MyTraffic once already. I suspect that it might have duplicated itself in the process (twice as many added runways, gates, etc) but I can't prove it. I just want to really uninstall it and start over. The last uninstall left something behind because there was a "MyTraffic ATC" listed in the Scenery library. Does anyone have any experience with this? Thanks!David

jerrycwo4If you have a version of Windows XP there is a way to go back in time before your problem started. Look in 'start' and under the 'help' section for the 'goback' feature. Personally, I have the sofeware program, "GOBACK" on both my computers and would never do any changes to Fs2002 with out. That way if I don't like how something came out, I go back to the time before I loaded it in the 1st place."GO BACK" is now made by "ROXIO".jerry

I wouldn't use Windows Restore for this purpose.I would first use any uninstall provided by MyTraffic. Second, I would start fs2002, select the Settings Menu, Scenery Library, select any MyTraffic entries and delete them. Third, use Windows Explorer to search for any and all copies of files in your fs2002 folders labelled MyTraffic and delete them. Fourth, check your fs2002scenedbATCScenery folder for traffic.bgl. If you find several copies, only keep one copy with the following size/date/time group : 11,087KB/9/12/2001/3:06AM. If you don't have any or want to retrieve a fresh copy from your fs2002 CDs, use an unzipping program and search the *.cab files on Disk #2 for traffic.bgl, extract the file, and place in the above folder. You should now have the default AI traffic on your system.Another area to look is your fs2002aircraft folder. If you installed MyTraffic several times, you may have multiplied your number of aircraft by that amount. View your list of aircraft to see if you have multiple copies of the same aircraft. If you want, make a temporary folder outside of the fs2002 folder, then copy and paste the entire aircraft folder to the temporary folder. Next delete all the extra aircraft you can define. Don't delete the fs2002 default aircraft. Remember, you copied the entire folder to a temporary folder, so if you need to return an aircraft to the fs2002aircraft folder you have it backed up.Now that your system is somewhat cleaned, you can make the decision on whether to reinstall MyTraffic.Once you get it where you like, you can then delete the backup copies.

Excellent! I've done parts of this but not all of it and your suggestion of looking for multiple copies of the BGL file is a good one. I'll get right on that! THanksDavid