Sign in to follow this  
Guest outtatimeiii

FS2002 UNINSTALL HELP!!!

Guest eskeemer

Iv`e been having problems with loading the RC ADVENTURES which asI clicked to run them the screen locked up and I had to re-runthe FS2002 programme .To solve some slewing problems I have also deleted the FS2002 cfgfile which gets renewed next time the programme is run, all thisis just a bit of background which may help.I decided given the problems and trying several ways to solvethem without success that the best way would be to UNINSTALL FS2002but it won`t uninstall using the usual method ie control panel/add &remove.I dont want to use NORTONS cleansweep in case I remove all the addonsetc.Can anyone tell me what to do I would be most grateful,Eric

If you are indicating the normal Windows add/remove programs or the Uninstall Flight Simulator 2002 Icon doesn't work, then you must not have the program listed in the Windows registry or you have deleted the uninstall file needed by the uninstaller program.You can try and rename the fs2002.exe to fs2002OLD.exe, then accomplish a reinstall to the same location. This however, will still leave any corrupted files you may have placed in the fs2002 folders. If a reinstall occurs, I recommend you conduct the following.Copy the fs2002 folder to a different area on your hardrive and rename it fs2002OLD. Uninstall fs2002 through the Windows add/remove programs menu or the Uninstall Flight Simulator 2002 Icon. Once uninstalled and using Windows Explorer, search for any remaining fs2002 folders. Delete the residual fs2002 folder (Do not delete the fs2002OLD folder). Install fs2002 again. Copy the new fs2002 folder to a different area on your hardrive and rename it fs2002NEW.You now have a fresh copy of fs2002, a copy of the new fs2002 named fs2002NEW, and an old copy of fs2002 named fs2002OLD.You are now ready to slowly copy the addon's from fs2002OLD to the fresh copy of fs2002. You should only copy files one at a time, test each before adding additional files. If you cause a problem, you have the option of deleting the offending file or replacing the entire fs2002 folder with a copy of fs2002NEW.

Guest outtatimeiii

I always had big troubles with the Microsoft game uninstallers. Last uninstall of FS2002 left me waiting for 10 min at the "Initializing Uninstall engine" dialog, while my 1.2GHz Athlon was at 100% crunching something. FS2002, TrainSim, FS2000 are all the same way, the uninstallers suck sometimes LOL. Happened on both my K6-400 and my 1.2GHz system, so its not a specific system doing this. Just give it 10 or so min to uninstall, and if it dont uninstall the first time, try it again, sometimes it takes a shot or 2.