Sign in to follow this  
nigelgrant

Disaster with new GEForce4 Video Card!

The disaster was not with my new video card but with my existing motherboard. I decided to start a new string since the subject title could be inferred as a black mark against the video card, but my new ALBATRON GEForce4 Ti4200P Turbo is doing just fine, but only after I changed my GigaByte motherboard. It has been a stressful week getting it all sorted out.Thx everyone for all the input and also more interestingly the empathy for a simmer caught between a rock and a hard place, there are obviously many common emotions swirling around in this hobby, some of them a curse because of its addictive nature!Anyway, back to resolving my problem. I hope this information may be of help to others. The most telling suggestion came from Eric Pennington at the FlightSim.com forum who recollected a dealer telling him of GEForce4 problems with my MoBo, the Gigabyte GA-7VRX, and he directed me to the GigaByte sub-forum at the VIA forum. Some of the GA 7VRX mobos seem to be a problem with the GEForce4 Ti 4200, 4400 and 4600 series and I guess I got one of those problem mobos. So it was lucky I did not exchange for a LeadTek because I don