Sign in to follow this  

So, when will we be able to "talk" to the controllers?

Guest flightpro08

Ken,You can set your aircraft's sqawk code and COMM frequencies just fine with your GoFlight units while on VATSIM. Going into your "ATC Directory" while on VATSIM to switch COMM frequencies is completely optional. The only thing you can't do with your GoFlight unit would be to switch to the appropriate RW IP, but that's just a click or key command away. :-)Ryan-Flightpro08 :-cool VATSIM Pilot/ControllerZLA ARTCC Senior Controller (C-3)SAN TRACON Lead ASRC (Advanced Simulated Radar Client) Beta Tester-----------------------------My "Home Made" System Specs:Intel Pentium 4 2.2GHz ProcessorTurbo Gamer ATX Mid-Tower with 420W Power SupplyEPoX 4G4A Motherboard with Intel 845G ChipsetVisiontek XTASY GeForce4 128MB Ti4600 (Det 30.30 Drivers)512MB PC2100 DDR RAM40GB Matrox 7200RPM Hard DriveWindows XP Home Edition SP1*No CPU or GPU Overclocking*3dMark2001SE Score: 11298-----------------------------Click [link:ftp.avsim.com/library/esearch.php?DLID=&Name=&FileName=&Author=Ryan+Fretwell&CatID=Root]Here to Download my American Eagle POSKY CRJ-200!

Guest WorkingStiff

Correct. I don't have the GoFlight modules but with the ServInfo gauge installed I never have to switch out of FS to tune frequencies.

Ryan, That is encouraging. I have tried unsucessfully to fly online at least 15 times. I get time out errors and computer lockups FS shuts down, squawkbox disconnects or some other occurance. I have had other very knowledgable flight simmers (who want to but don't understand all the interface of online flying) come over and together we have tried and failed. I still have yet to see any other planes or hear any other voice comms. I have Roger wilco and Squawkbox installed and have a VatSim member number, I have a 6 or 7 page step by step document to connect and have followed it each time but something inevitably goes wrong and I have no idea what or where or how to fix it. I seems I don't "Speak the language" that this interface does. I know if I had someone to show me I could get it all worked out and would become an avid online flyer. The Radio Comms don't scare me one bit, I have been flying real world for 20 years but the computer interface and set up have me stopped in my tracks.One more question, If I ever manage to get this up and running (I have not given up yet) how and with what format do I have to file a flight plan? I read somewhere that an FS2K2 flight plan cannot be used. I don't use FS Nav (don't own it, or plan on buying it, or even think I need it) preferring to use my real world chart collection and manually plan each flight and fill out real world flight plan sheets. But how do I communicte these flight planes to VatSim?Ken