Sign in to follow this  

Lost EDDM from scenery list

Hi all, I am sorry if this has already gone through the forums but I searched and could find nothing. I had a crash when approaching Munich (EDDM) so I uninstalled german airports 1 and reinstalled it. Since doing this EDDM does not appear in any of the scenery listings under fs2002 scenery. It does appear in the addon section but you cannot get to that area when flight planning. I think the uninstall has removed a file. I would rather not go through the pain full reinstall of FS2002. Anyone any suggestions.TIADoug Johnson

In fact folks when checking the map view I seem to have lost the entire fs2002 default southern Germany.I am guessing that the uninstall rourine has deleted some of the files, but its only a guess.Doug

What do you mean by it doesn't appear in the scenery listing? Does it appear in the scenery library but not in the Go To Airport menu or in the flightplanner window? If so, what happened is you probably recently installed an AFCAD file somewhere in Western or Central Europe which somehow corrupted the facilities file for that entire area. You will have to restore the relevant file in the FS2002scenedbafdfilesscenery directory (I think it's eurnwafd.bgl for EDDM--you can check this by opening the AFCAD import file you last imported in a text editor, the file will be referred to there). AFCAD usually makes a backup, but beware, restoring it will cause you to loose any 3rd party AFCAD files you imported in that entire part of Europe. So you better have backups (or just export the relevant data first before restoring). Make sure you get the latest version of AFCAD. I used to have the same problem in the same part of Europe with the older version. No problems with the new version.Hope this helps.Misha

You were right, I was playing around tonight with the files and the area has returned. It was as you say the AFCAD file that went astray.Thanks very much for coming back to me, your a star.regardsDoug

Guest Terblanche

DougYou must have installed something that renamed two *.bgl file in your fs2002scenedbafdfilesscenery folder ... the two files are called eurnwafd.bgl and eurswafd.bglUsually the program that caused this will make backup's - just search for eurswafd.* and see what you come back with. Get those two back and your scenery list will display all the European Airports again.I suspect that you've loaded Eurowings ...?Regards from Cape TownTerblanche

I checked the directories you mentioned and I can see what has happened. When I reinstalled more software it appears to have returned those files and things are back to before.I have found the back up files and the original. At least if this happens again I know were to go.I have loaded Eurowings and some German airport stuff. It was the removal of German airports 1 that removed the scenery.Thanks for your help it is much appreciated.regardsDoug