Sign in to follow this  

Problems when changing CPU

Hi!Does anybody know what has happened with my PC?I've just upgraded it from a PIII 500MHz too a AMD Athlon XP 2000+.Just replaced the motherboard (to a AOpen AK77-333), RAM (256 DDR) and the CPU.Now FS2002 won't start. I get the famous blue screen on startup.Please give a tip.

When you made this upgrade did you format your HD and reinstall Windows? If you didnt, Id be surprised if you even got into Windows in the first place. Sometimes (at least the last two upgrades Ive made), it takes a few weeks to iron out incompatabilities with hardware and get settings tweaked out in your bios so that everything is running smooth. If you could let us know a little more information on what you did during the upgrade and what kind of bios settings you have, we might be able to help. Another big issue is getting updated drivers for the motherboard. Dont use the ones that came with the board because there is about a 99% chance theyre outdated anyways.Craig

Guest Pabra

When you installed fs, it made a config of your (old) system, so now you've changed it, the config has to be updated. There is a program on the cd; it's called machine; run it and see if it helps, if not; reinstall fs.

I found the problem:It was an older version of FSUPIC. I downloaded the newest one and now FS works fine.Unfortunately I already had reinstalled FS because it would have been a huge task to find the fault.So I just istalled addons one at a time until FS crashed!Thanks anyhow for your tips!