Sign in to follow this  

Help with Dash8-300 Flaps Please!

I am having problems trying to set the flaps for Oleksiy Frolov's Dash8-300. When I try to set them to any of the intermediate settings (5, 10 or 15 degrees) either they jump to 35 degrees or they shutter back and forth between 0 and 5 degrees until I set them back to 0. I can not get them to set to any of the intermediate settings. I am confident the installation is correct and I have FSUIPC V2.94.I tried asking this a few days ago, but didn't get any replies. Any assistance provided is greatly appreciated.

That's a strange one! It sounds like the flaps are getting conflicting siganls. Do you have this problem with any other aircraft? What about your key assigments, any thing unusual there?

Like all of us...I have numerous aircraft downloaded, but have never had this problem. I have flaps assigned to switches on my joystick...again, work fine with all other aircraft. I also tried using the F5, F6, F7 & F8 keys (MS defaults) and experienced the same problem.Thanks for taking an interest in my problem.

Guest Lobaeux4

I had this same problem with the previous version. Once I tried to set a flap setting, the flap handle just bounced back and forth, never was able to set them back to zero. I just ended up doing everything no-flap, lol. Never could figure out how to fix it though.Lobaeux

Hi, I had this problem when I used the panel with other dash-8s that I downloaded. I managed to fix the problem, when I copied everything except contact points and lights from the dash8 -300 aircraft.cfg file and pasted them into my planes'aircraft.cfg file. I'm not exactly sure why it works but it does- probably to do with the hydraulics simulated by the panel/plane combination. I love Fs2002, but sometimes I miss the simplicity of FS98, when i could put a panel with a plane and it would work no problem:-) cheers!