Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bjorn Ghezzi

SkyWatch voice problem

Guest Bjorn Ghezzi

Hi Damian, I updated to v1.6 a few days ago, used the fixed installer and all wass well. As of today I get a strange problem.When I start ASwxre as it starts downloading the weather the voice ATIS kickin and continues on repeating on and on. I don't have 122.00 tuned on my radios, I even shut the plane systems down but it keeps on repeating the ATIS messages. If I try to close or go to the option menu or whatever, the program stops responding and I have to shut it down with thw windows task manager. I use a live download option as I have ADSL connection and fly practically only on VATSIM. Any guesses? Even if it didn't stop responding it would be unusable with the voices going on without ending! It was driving me nuts.Any help would be aprreciated, if not I guess I'll go back to v1.15. Thanks.Kind regards,Bjorn Ghezzi

Bjorn,By chance are any VATSIM COM settings using 122.0?Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Guest Bjorn Ghezzi

Hi Jim,No, the only setting I used was 122.80 for UNICOM. Even with only FS2002 running and nothing else besides internet connection to download the weather, it does that.Regards,Bjorn

OK, fair enough. How about if you use a default FS plane?JimActiveSky Support

Guest Bjorn Ghezzi

Hey Jim, I think I solved it.I changed to the DF737, and there it was! Since it has two com radios with standby freq, one of these was tuned to 122.00.Sorry if I hassled you. But when I was in the PIC767, even by switching all systems off it kept going, so thats why I thought it was a problem. Thnaks a lot for your support.Kind regards,Bjorn

No problem, I'm glad you got it!! That's why I'm here. Now go back to the PIC767 and see what happens. During beta testing there were add-on planes that did cause some problems with the Voice. I can't remember if this was one of them.JimActiveSky Support

Thanks Bjorn,I had this same problem a couple of days ago. I can't remember which A/C I was using although it was probably the PSS Dash-8. It didn't matter what I did the ATC would not turn off once I had started it by tuning in 122.00.I'll check my backup radio's tonight and report back.regards,Dave @ CYVR