Sign in to follow this  
Guest JZL 1

Winds aloft timing out

Guest JZL 1

This only started recently, but before the time change and the release of vers. 1.8 (which I hoped might fix the problem) I use a modem, but that hasn't seemed to be a problem before. I see there's something new w/ 1.8 for slow connectivity, but it's only for DL'ing the offline file. I always end up with simulated winds aloft. If I use the briefing mode it seems to DL the winds aloft fine, but the program doesn't use that data. When I close the briefing screen it starts to DL again and then the winds aloft times out once more.I've searched for a solution and tried the two suggestions in the readme.rtf cycles section, but neither helped.Thanks.

JZ,Check and make sure your time is now correct. In Offline mode winds are real until you are 500nm away from a reporting station. Keep trying in Online mode, but keep in mind that you are still d'loading alot of data.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Guest JZL 1

I made sure the time was correct. Still have the problem. It seems to d'load the winds while in briefing mode just fine.

Guest JZL 1

I've had no luck with this at all. It's like using a third of the program. I tried the Offline mode, but usually get an error saying something like: Unable to read offline winds aloft files. Try checking your offline files or downloading new.

JZL,Sorry you are still having problems. Some other things to try: Check the Low-Bandwidth Winds Download box. Then click the Auto-download and Create New bar. This will download a new set of data. See if this works please.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Guest JZL 1

Thx, but it's been done. I see reading the "Open letter to Damian" thread this isn't an isolated problem.

Well then, would you like to go back to RC4? If so, then please drop me an e-mail and I'll send it to you.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support