Sign in to follow this  
spilok

Active Sky ....program becomes unresponsive

Please help if you can.I love using Active Sky and am updated to the 1.8 version. But for as long as I can remember, I have the following problem: I start Active Sky, wait for it to load, and then minimize it to the taskbar. Then I start MSFS, and go to my default situation. I see the green bar come up and Active Sky does its thing. At various points throughout the flight, Active Sky updates the weather and then usually stops responding. Almost always, when I exit out of MSFS, and right click on my taskbar to STOP Active Sky, it says the program is not responding. Is there a setting that needs to be tweaked or something. I want Active Sky to keep responding and CLOSE DOWN properly. Does this affect others using this program? I'd like to know. Stan

Stan,Sometimes a download cycle does not complete due to the weather server issues (that we are working on). The best thing for me is to wait for a successful cycle, then exiting is not a problem.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

I hear you.Obviously, this is a situation that exists. I will try to exit after a sucessful update. But that is really a pain. Hopefully, you'll be able to address this issue so that Active Sky can FOLLOW me into FS 2004. Otherwise, I will use a more reliable weather program and just forget about the money that I paid for Active Sky. Hate to do that...but a program that doesn't bog down, and stop responding is very important when flying in real weather. Good Luck, Stan

If you need to go back to RC4, drop me an e-mail.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support