Sign in to follow this  

clouds and graduality

i just recieved asky today and ive noticed 3 things. the clouds dont transition gradually as stated and there arent and of those clouds that i love and thats the cumulonimbus anvil clouds, why arent there any of them, and finally why cant the new layer of clouds be in the horizon and you fly up to them? any ideas are appreciated

Welcome,1. You need to adjust the transition rate in FSUIPC. However, there are some FS02 limitations that no one can do anything about.2. Do you have textures for cumulonimbus anvil clouds installed? If the METAR calls for a TS, then you may see them.3. Again this is a limitation of FS02. Reducing your visibility distance will help.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

how will i know if there is a t-storm, do i watch the weather channel, then go to the area i see with severe storms on f/s? and how do i know if i have the textures for anvils? and where do i put my visibility down at? what part of fsuipc or fs?

First of all, sorry for the short answers. I try to answer posts before I go to work and today I just ran out of time.1. weather.com is a good place to go, but here is a better place:http://aviationweather.gov/radar/Look for rain and that will give you a start.2. Anvil clouds do not look real in FS02, but there is an add-on program that will add many many very nice cloud textures to FS02:http://fsw.simflight.com/FSkySe.htmlIt is version 2.4 that adds super cloud textures . I use it all the time.3. Change visibility in FS under OptionsDisplay. I lower mine down to 60 miles.Please write back with more!Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

the add-on program will work with active sky? and do the anvils (or t-storm clouds) rise from about 7000ft to FL 350 or so, because i like the ones that are really high. when im cruising i like to fly thru them. im crusing at FL 330, 310, 350, and 370.

Yes, it works with AS. AS processes the weather and FSClouds loads the cloud textures. I'm not 100% sure but I don't really think that you would get clouds that high though. FS04 is said to have clouds that high.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

im installing it now, i chose install all, and i selected all of the items on the list that have boxes next to themhow long does it take?

Ok, now just to double check, does it read "FS Sky World 2002se" at the top of the main screen? I'm pretty sure it does. Sky World allows you to install a low, medium, and high set of clouds. That is the maximum number of layers that FS02 will allow. Now you get to choose which 3 sets you want to use OR let Sky World choose by using the random button. You were interested in the Anvil clouds. I checked my SW(sky world) and there are 4 sets of Anvils to choose from. They were about half way down my list. Choose a set and either click on the Install button or the Install and Run FS button. Now go find some thunderstorms by using ActiveSky or create your own weather in FS. Your anvil clouds should show up. I know this all sounds complex, but it really isn't. The FSW site has an user forum and Chris is good on support. He often visits here also. Damian is also teaming up with Chris for our next release.BTW can you sign your name to a post. I hate posting to a number, but would rather know who I am communicating with!Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

its my barcode number LOL. .. my name is Anthony also one more question. how can i get jettrails? and earlier i auto installed all of them, is that bad?

OK Anthony,HM Level Set 1 or 2 for jet trails. There is a box to check. No, you didn't auto install all of the clouds. What auto install does is it tells SW to send different cloud textures to FS. It only sends one type for each level. This feature creates some random-ness in the cloud while flying. You set a time and that is how often SW sends the cloud textures. Some people like this, others leave it off so that they can choose their favorite clouds.Did you send me a personal e-mail or was it someone else reading these posts? I would rather post here so everyone can benefit.Edit: I'm going to do some flying for now. I'll check back later or tomorrow. Being from CA you are 3 hours behind me.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

so if i auto installed, cant i undo it? ive tried to install my favorites and i have anvils luckily, but ive noticed that there are no hm level clouds and jet trails any idea?

so if i auto installed, cant i undo it? ive tried to install my favorites and i have anvils luckily, but ive noticed that there are no hm level clouds and jet trails any idea?

Anthony,Auto install might not be the best word to describe what that does. A better word may be auto LOAD. You see, all the different cloud textures are installed and stored in the Sky World Folder not in FS02. When you choose a cloud type and click "install" SW sends those textures to FS. Now that texture is in FS until you choose a different set of the same type. Then the old clouds are replaced.There are 2 High Mid Level Sets of clouds with jet trails. In the middle of your SW window do you have 6 categories of textures that look like this?:Cumulus Cb/T-Storm AllHigh Mid Level V-Sky MiscClick on the High Mid Level and you can choose jet trails.There is a good help folder that was installed in the Sky World folder. It is always good to read the manual!Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

so after i did the auto load and then i used install with different cloud textures it replaced the auto loaded ones, so no worries there with auto. i used fs today, and i had asky off i saw jettrails but withasky on yesterday, no jettrails. even with them installed.? also there are very good textured clouds, especially the towering ones. can there really be tornadoes and funnel clouds in asky? and the dust storms etc.? one more question the sky in the pics are more darker blue that my fs sky is there a reason why? like on the pic of the hm clouds.