Sign in to follow this  

Help setting up ActiveSkywxre with Flightmax (export pa...

I just purchased ActiveSkywxre 1.9 and got everything to work on a single computer, now I would like to run ActiveSkywxre on a second computer using widefs v6. I am using FSUIPC V3 registered and widefs v6 registered. I also have Flightmax v1.4 (which I am not running over the network using fsremote)maybe I should be?, anyway I am using FS2002.The problem I am having is with the wx export path not being set correctly error. In activeSkywxre I typed Servername=Vincent-7ZOX5M2C:FS2002AddonsActiveSkywxREFlightmax (for the path to export so flightmax can pick it up and use the data) I am not sure what to type for activesky to access the main computer to write the data.I made the flightmax folder shared so that the data could be written to this made up folder.My flightmax ini says this:[Registration]Userid=Vincent SigdaKey=FMX-10001-10021ZCRC=99[sizePosition]X=6Y=450W=512[Hotkey1]Shift=0Ctrl=0Alt=0Index=13Key=77[Hotkey2]Shift=0Ctrl=0Alt=0Index=0Key=0[Hotkey3]Shift=0Ctrl=0Alt=0Index=0Key=0[Hotkey4]Shift=0Ctrl=0Alt=0Index=0Key=0[Hotkey5]Shift=0Ctrl=0Alt=0Index=0Key=0[Hotkey6]Shift=0Ctrl=0Alt=0Index=0Key=0[Hotkey7]Shift=0Ctrl=0Alt=0Index=0Key=0[Hotkey8]Shift=0Ctrl=0Alt=0Index=0Key=0[Hotkey9]Shift=0Ctrl=0Alt=0Index=0Key=0[Hotkey10]Shift=0Ctrl=0Alt=0Index=0Key=0[Hotkey11]Shift=0Ctrl=0Alt=0Index=0Key=0[Hotkey12]Shift=0Ctrl=0Alt=0Index=0Key=0[Hotkey13]Shift=0Ctrl=0Alt=0Index=0Key=0[Hotkey14]Shift=0Ctrl=0Alt=0Index=0Key=0[Hotkey15]Shift=0Ctrl=0Alt=0Index=0Key=0[Orientation]Map=2Lightning=2Radar=1Traffic=2Charts=3[Ranges]Map=5Lightning=6Radar=5Traffic=6Charts=6[Charts]RangeRing=1KnobFunction=1ChartTracking=1DelayedTopDownUpdateRate=0Filter=0Quantize=0[Map]MapLevel=1KnobLevel=1WxLevel=4DeclutterLevel=3DrawCompass=1RadarActive=0TrafficActive=0LightningActive=0LightningMasterOn=0DrawRunways=1[Traffic]Extent=2[Radar]TiltValue=0ModeIndex=1Stabilizer=0Azimuths=1BeamAltitudes=1BigBeamWidth=1EchoWarnings=0[Lightning]LightningRangeIndex=7LightningStrikeFlash=0LightningCellMode=0[DataBlocks]Block1Visible=0Block2Visible=01=122=123=124=125=126=127=128=12[AirportFilter]Towered=1NonTowered=1Hard=1Soft=1Water=1MinRunwayLength=0MinRunwayLengthIdx=0[LightningEffects]LargestNumberStrikes=8LargestDelay=12MinStrikeSize=100MaxStrikeSize=500StrikeFlashSize=500StormscopeRange=100[LocalWeatherEffects]CoverageMultiplier=1LocalStationRadiusNM=35[FSMeteo]FSMeteoActive=0[Miscellaneous]RadiusNavaid=400RadiusWeather=400UpdateRate=1500UseInternet=0TerrainInFeet=0RequirePowerSource=1TieSounds=1[iniEditor]UseSkins=1LastSkin=taxi.ksknDayImage=dayNightImage=nightLastSkinName=Taxi[Network]FSDirectory=[ActiveSky]ActiveSkyActive=1ActiveSkyDirectory=C:FS2002AddonsActiveSkywxREFlightmax---------------------------------------------------------------------I set export Metars for Flightmax in activesky (check the box)and in flightmax I set to use activesky weather.Any ideas on how to set the path correctly and get activesky to write to this folder over the network would be greatly appreciated.Thanks VincentPS Have to go to work now

Hi Vincent..Two things.. first, in fsflightmax.ini, you need a trailing at the end of the folder.. so it should be:ActiveSkyDirectory=C:FS2002AddonsActiveSkywxREFlightmaxIn ActiveSky, you should MAP a drive to your other computer and then use this drive.. i.e. the F: drive.. so the folder would be:F:FS2002AddonsActiveSkywxREFlightmaxHope that helps!-Damian[table border=0" cellspacing="30" cellpadding="0][tr][td align = "left"]Damian ClarkHiFi Simulation SoftwareDeveloper of ActiveSkyThe next-generation weather environment simulation for FS2002!http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky[/td][td]http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg][/td][/tr][/table://http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/ima...[/tr][/table

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Hi again and thanks for your help so far.Ill just recap what I have done so far:Computer 1 main computer running FS2002 and Flightmax 1.4 and wideFSv6 and FSuipc 3.01 which are all registered.In the Flightmax ini file I made the following adjustments.[Network]FSDirectory=[ActiveSky]ActiveSkyActive=1ActiveSkyDirectory=J9X5J8C:WideFS 2004ActiveSkywxREComputer 2 (server name is J9X5J8)running widefsv6 and ActiveSkywxRE 1.9In activeSkywxRE, I set the WX path to C:WideFS 2004ActiveSkywxRE (this is the path for Flightmax to access the data and ActiveSky to export the data.-------------------------Can someone tell me if I set everything correctly over the network. I am not sure if Flightmax is actually accessing the data on Computer 2ActiveSkyDirectory=J9X5J8C:WideFS 2004ActiveSkywxREmayby I shoud have written it as:ActiveSkyDirectory=Servername=J9X5J8C:WideFS 2004ActiveSkywxREThanks Vincent