Sign in to follow this  
ndflieger

Still having difficulty downloading wx...

Hi Damian,I know that you have a new server for the weather downloads. But I'm still having a heck of a time getting the weather. It is still timing out during the winds aloft download portion, and the TAF's and METAR's take forever. I'm using the "low-bandwidth" option of Version 1.87.Gets really frustrating. Trying to download for the 3rd time now, and it's taken me almost an hour to this point.Also, it would be nice if you could stop the download, once you see it is going to time out, by a means other than bringing up the task box (in Win98) and ending the program from there. If I try to quit while the program is attempting to download, it won't let me. Perhaps this has been addressed in the newer versions, if so, disregard this paragraph.Overall I think your product and support are great. Just wish I could get the weather more reliably.Regards,ScottKJMS

Scott,You are not alone tonight. I am having a hard time also and I rarely have problems. If you would, update your version to 1.9. There are codes to help here, for example METARs and TAFs will process even though the Winds Aloft may not. This may help a bit. Many of us cannot wait for the private server to be up and running.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Hi Jim,Thanks for the reply. I must say that the support of this product is outstanding!I was mistaken, I thought the private server was up and running. I will download the version 1.90 this evening and make the upgrade. The winds aloft never did download for me even on my 3rd attempt. However, what I did do was rename the winds aloft from a previous download that I saved to the "cycle" of the TAF's and METAR's that I was able to download this evening. Soooo, I was able to have some winds aloft. Might not be totally realistic, but after all, this *is* "simming" and not the real world ;-)Regards,ScottKJMS