Sign in to follow this  
Guest cook

problems with downloading weather

Guest cook

hello anybody,at the last 3 days i have trouble to download weather in online mode.every time i try to download the weather there comes up a error-message:aloft server invalied trying another station at the end, after the programm has trying anoyther stations, there comes the message: there is an communication problem with the aloft server try again later i try this at the last 3/4 days........but it will still not work?any idea whats going on?i use wxre 1.91 with fsuipc 3.01 (not full version)last week it will work fine.hope i can find some helpgreetings charly

Charly,First of all welcome to the Active Sky Fourm! We hope you enjoy your stay. The message you are getting is from the winds aloft server. Over that same time period I have had one or two server problems. There is not much we can do. Some things you can do: make sure your Internet connection is as good as possible AND keep in mind that weather data is being processed correctly. I will watch the server and see if this gets worse. Please post back if you continue to have problems.Edit: Question, is this at all airports or a certain one or few?Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Guest cook

hello jim,thanks for this fast answer. the problems is at all airports and regions.i still get nothing from aktive sky. no winds, no metars etc.ther are only problems messages like cloud layer conflict in metar skipping translation....i check my internet-connnection and firewall-configuration but here is still no problem. im wonderd that last week everthing works fine and at the last days i dont change any settings.i try to uninstall and install aktive sky but the problem is still there. i forgot to tell you that i use fs9k.i hope you can help me because the flying with active sky is great and hope i can take off with it as soon as posible. greetingscharly

Please post your wxRE.ini file located in your ActiveSky folder.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Guest cook

hello jim,here are the information of the folder (i hope, that`s are the right ones you need)://wxRE configuration file - be careful with edits here[General]WXREOfflinePath = o:ProgrammeMicrosoft GamesActiveSky wxREExportPath = o:ProgrammeMicrosoft GamesActiveSky wxREOperationMode = OnlineDefaultOfflineFile = expcycle18Z.wxdDisableCloudTransitions = TrueDisableMessages = FalseLowBandwidthWinds = FalseExportMetars = FalseAutoTimeZoneDetection = TrueMETARUpdateInterval = 15FDUpdateInterval = 45UpdateMETAROnNewStation = TrueUseShortTermTAF = FalseWindsAloftSimulation = TrueFS2004Writes = FalseIdlePriority = FalseVATSIMMetars = FalseDefaultForceRange = 60ZuluConversion = 2RainVisReduction = TrueOvercastHorizonVis = TrueDisableForceWindUpdates = FalseTAFProcessing = FalseWakeTurb = TrueDisableUpdatesWhenForced = FalseStartPaused = FalseCloudTransitionInterval = 30MinimumCloudThickness = 200UseSystemTime = TrueDisableCAVOKClouds = FalseProxyAddress = NONEProxyPort = 80i hope this informations can help to find the buck.thanks alot for your support.greetingscharly

If your Internet problem is solved you can go to Options and check ON the "Use FS2004 Weather Writes" box. You should then get weather in FS04.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support