Sign in to follow this  
Sarge27

FS 2002 Anti-Aliasing Problem

I have a problem can anyone guide me in the right direction. In FS 2002 when I turn on anti-aliasing the programme locks up. I am running a P4 2.2 GHz, 512mb Ram with a Gainward TI 4600 (750GS). Other than the obvious, that being not to turn on anti-aliasing can any one help.

Guest jase439

No idea other than to suggest that you start scrubbing drivers and direct X installs - possibly FS too. Are you overclocking the video card or the CPU? The added strain of FSAA can cause an overclocked unit (beit GPU, CPU, or memory) to lock up on you. You can try turning AGP sidebanding off if you have that enabled...then AGP Fast Writes next if that doesn't help.It's certainly not normal and suggests a definite configuration issue on your end. I doubt there's a magic bullet here except to regress back to a known baseline configuration that works and change 1 variable at a time until you identify the something that breaks.Cheers,J

Are you per chance running Win XP with Service Pack 1? That played hell with FS2002 anytime anti-aliasing was on. I've seen other posts here saying that with the new Det drivers, the problems have gone away, but they never did for me. I uninstalled SP 1 (again) and seem to have eliminated a whole world of headaches with FS2002.http://cs-people.bu.edu/pgeddes/flightsim/signature2.jpg