Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ken_Salter

Wild winds aloft changes crashed my plane...

Guest Murf

First, let me say that I am enjoying AS2004 very much. The clouds and visibility rendering are wonderful.I am disappointed though that I am still getting knocked around by the winds, although not as frequently as before AS2004 (update 1.01a2).I just performed this flight...CYHZ-IGTAS-J575-LEXAK.BURIN8-CYYT FL370 using PMDG B737-700I imported and processed my FP properly using the New Route option, using 181700z weather. I got hit with a couple of wind shifts climbing out of YHZ, but nothing too severe. Approximately halfway between YQY and LEXAK at FL370 I began getting hit with wild shift bad enough that my aircraft over stressed terminating my flight.Here are my AS2004 option. Using FSUIPC 3.14 WideFS 6.101 both registered. Minimum weather defaults in FSUIPC.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/58444.jpgI know you are doing your best to reduce/elimintate the problem, just wondering if we can expect any further improvement in the next service update.

Guest jumpjet

Hi DamianI have experienced these windshifts whilst in the cruise now and then. I am using the Alpha update and was flying the PMDG 737NG 1.3. I have lost the aircraft twice on the same route, though the flights were about 8 hours apart, the problem started around the same area for both flights. The aloft winds were fairly high between 90 - 105 kts. Most of the wind was crosswind, which probably averaged about 25 to 40 kts actually on the tail, or on the nose.The winds in themselves were not a problem, but the rapid shifting of wind direction, either putting me near a stall, or gross overspeed and subsequent overstress. On the second flight I managed to save it at least 5 times by throwing out the airbrakes, and climbing rapidly. It got me in the end though!The flightplan was EKCH TOBIS ALS DEMIR DEGUL GOLEN KUBAT EEL GRONY MC3 ELDIN OTR EGCCThe problem on both flights started to occur about 25nm from KUBAT and I was dead and gone before MC3If you need more info, I have zipped up some files for you, and uploaded the zip to my webspace. I am not sure what you need, so the contents may or may not be useful to you. The zip contains :-1/ FSUIPC.log (I did not have weather logging on, unfortunately.2/ FSUIPC.ini3/ AS2004.ini4/ current_wx_snapshot.txt5/ AS2004 weather DAT file - Holland.dat6/ Pete Dowson's Autosave module weather file - autosavexxxxxx.wx7/ FS9 flightplan EKCH - EGCChttp://bigfoot777.users.btopenworld.com/WeatherShift.zipCheersGraham