Sign in to follow this  
Guest aadoyle

Problem with PMDG 737 -- drastic speed/altitude changes.

Guest aadoyle

Hello,Just getting used to this fantastic bird. However, I'm having some problems on descent especially. Just to let you know, I'm using Active Sky 2004 and entering in winds aloft into the forecast page.The problems occurs on a VNAV path descent. The aircraft will be descending smoothly down the Path and glidescope centered, when suddently the airspeed changes to 10 or 20 knots differecne, the glide scope path suddently jumps to complete top/bottom of the scale, altitude changes, and the course line on the ND stats seeking around. I've noticed this about 2 or 3 times on the decent, and each time the aircraft has to make a strong adjustment to regain the path. I think it could be Active Sky updating itself, but the wind smoothing is on, and this shouldn't happen just on descent then, no?Also, i've noticed it happening just descending below 18k feet. Would it have something do to with altimeter changes?Turbulence? I can't think of what I'm doing wrong...Is active Sky really this problematic? Thanks for your helpAlan D

Guest Edwin

Are you using the beta build 142 posted on this forum? I believe it should help with the wind smoothing.HTHEdwin