Hi, there. I've had ActiveSky for quite a while, but I've just now started using it again since I finally have a computer that can put a few clouds in the sky without bringing the fps to a shuddering halt.I have a question about how people typically deal with the initial loading of AS weather in FS9. Once I get my flight set-up and I'm on the tarmac, I will use FSUIPC to clear the weather, and then ALT-TAB out to refresh activesky. A couple of questions, though:Is there a way to bring ATC up-to-date on the new wind conditions?Do I need to clear the weather using FSUPIC if I am creating a flight that already has "clear skies" set?The manual warns against FS9 being paused during weather loading. Do I need to worry bout the few seconds when I am alt-tabbing between AS and FS9? (In other words, do I need to disable the "pause on task switch" within FS9?)Are there any potential problems with not using a flight plan now that wind smoothing is taking care of via FSUPIC?I typically use offline mode, with archived weather files. I have "Use system time" unchecked and "TAF processing" checked. Are there any other critical settings for offline mode?Thanks in advance!

Guest Mark McG

Jimmy,I load AS2004 before FS9 and then select clear skies from the FS9 weather menu when I am loading FS.I would disable the pause on task switch - otherwise FS will pause every time you tab out of it.As for potential problems of not using the flight plan processing - none that I am aware of. I export my winds data to FSBuild, create a Nav Log and go fly.HTH

Hi,Let me add to this:1. For ATC re-fresh, go to the time/season screen and advance the clock a minute or so. This will allow ATC to use the new weather conditions.2. You should always clear the weather.3. You are correct about your flight plan processing for wind smoothing.4. For Offline Mode try to match the FS flight time to the archived time. If not, more than likely the TAF will be used.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg