Sign in to follow this  
Guest Callmecapt

future weather simulated?

Guest Callmecapt

After lurking in this forum for the last month after purchasing activesky (great program by the way), something puzzled me. I set my default flight for sydney at the correct time, but I changed the location to Heathrow for the same time, downloaded the weather and I had weather for Heathrow but Heathrow is 10 hours behind me, yet I had weather for the location and time. In other words, it appears Activesky had predicted the weather. Does the program predict weather or am I missing something?Goran

Hi,In Online Mode you are getting the actual, realtime weather data, no matter what time you have set in FS.In Offline Mode it is possible to use TAF processing. TAFs are future forcasts used by pilots and others.I hope I answered your question!Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg

Guest Callmecapt

ah, okthanks Jim. So in online mode, it would be best to set the time to the current time in FS to get the full benefits?Goran

Guest Callmecapt

Thanks JimThat clears it up for me.Goran