Sign in to follow this  
Guest Pabra

ActiveSky wxRE ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get it, don't wait, get it now!!!!! It's great! I was a dissapointed FS Meteo user after installing it on more than one computer, not knowing Marc would cut me off for doing that. Now I have wxRE and it's 10 times better!!!! Clouds are awesome!Get it, don't walk, Run over your neighbor to get it NOW!!!!!! ;-)

I forgot, here's a screanie of my first wxRE flight on our RTW6 trip.

Guest freequest

It is cool and a very nice screen shot...I take screens almost all the time now before i didnt bother but now with the clouds ....now wonder if there is a screen grabber i can use :)

Well, as I said in the "Geofa" thread, Wake Turbulance, better clouds, better documentation, easier installation, etc... Cheaper, Better support!!!!,,,,etc....;-) You get my point. The only thing I miss is the weather window that you can put in the cockpit, but have a feeling Damien will incorporate that soon. ;-)

Guest WorkingStiff

Does ActiveSky come with clouds?

look at my pic above, that is with default clouds ;-)

Guest WorkingStiff

Then I'm confused by what you mean by "better clouds."Thses weather programs in all likelihood get their METARS from the same source, most likely NOAA. So shouldn't the weather in any of them be similar?

don't be confused, they make the defualt clouds better, see above for confirmation ;-)

In all fairness, I dont think the clouds look any better. Then again, screenshots dont always capture the beuty of the picture either.

I still would like to hear a more indepth review of the two from someone that has used both. Preferably from someone that likes both and will lend a more fair comparison. I, like many, downloaded Damian's first release and quite honestly I was very impressed. I'd like to know more about how the program handles all perimeters of weather. Like upper winds for instance. I know now that when I load up FSMeteo and compare that to what I'm seeing outside, its very similar. Michael

well I like both, can't give you an in depth review as I haven't used wxRE enought, but first impressions tell me I LOVE IT!That's all I can say. As I said before, i'm not trying to pursuade you to get it, if you are happy wiht FS Meteo, stick with it!

>>That's all I can say. As I said before, i'm not trying to pursuade you to get it, if you are happy wiht FS Meteo, stick with it!<