Sign in to follow this  
Guest ryebred

Upgraded to WinXP now Im stuck

Guest ryebred

I have been a long time user of Activesky. I had Activesky WxRE then got the upgrade from that to Activesky 2004 then got all the various updates and then the latest Activesky 2004.5 update. I then went and upgraded my OS from Windows 2000 to Windows XP. After fixing a few missing .ocx file errors I am now getting an "Initilization error reading files...Please verify your files or re-install." Is there a simple fix here or am I going to have to reinstall? If I have to reinstall then the question becomes, is there a way to get the initial installation as I don't seem to have a copy of it. I just have the last two updates to Activesky on my computer. Also, I think I received the updates before you started using simmarket as they have no recollection of me there. THanks for the help.Ryan

>I have been a long time user of Activesky. I had Activesky>WxRE then got the upgrade from that to Activesky 2004 then got>all the various updates and then the latest Activesky 2004.5>update. I then went and upgraded my OS from Windows 2000 to>Windows XP. After fixing a few missing .ocx file errors I am>now getting an "Initilization error reading files...Please>verify your files or re-install." Is there a simple fix here>or am I going to have to reinstall? If I have to reinstall>then the question becomes, is there a way to get the initial>installation as I don't seem to have a copy of it. I just have>the last two updates to Activesky on my computer. Also, I>think I received the updates before you started using>simmarket as they have no recollection of me there. THanks for>the help.>>RyanTry a reinstall and use the 'Repair' option - fixed it for me.Andy b

Guest ryebred

Thanks for the suggestion. It didn't work since I don't have the initial install file. Just all the update files so when I run them it says I need Activesky installed to run the update. I sent you an email Jim. Thanks for the help.Ryan

Guest ryebred

Hmm, didn't get it. Can you send the email to ryebred@hotmail.com? That should work. Thanks.Ryan