Sign in to follow this  
Avian

Conflict within the AS prog? or Dumb Me

Having just bought the AS package I am very happy with it's performance in most areas, however I have come across a couple of strange occurances.I set everything up for a flight from BFI to OLM and saved the plan, started FS9 hit the clear all weather button in FSUIPCStart AS and let it write the weatherHit new route and import the FP and AS processes the weather.Get back into FS9 hit Ctrl F12 for the radar and it gives wind 150 at 5 kts, so does the METAR bar at the top of the screen (this should have a selectable colour scheme, red on green is pretty grizzly)BUT, the in sim ATIS and the AS ATIS (122.00) give wind at 331 for 3 also the viz reports do not agree, AR and METAR are 1/4 SM ATIS is 3SMthis makes a huge difference, the FP was VFR, now the airfield is IFR only.What did I do wrong?

Hi,You may not have done anything wrong. I need to know what the actual AS METAR shows. Sometimes FS ATIS reads older weather conditions. FS ATIS needs to be re-freshed for this. Radar also can lag a bit. Go into the AR options and see what the time interval is set to. A value of one may be better. All in all the updating of data does take a bit of time.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg

Hi Jim, I have tried setting the update interval to one as suggested, I will let you know if this works.Also I am getting ATC turning me away from Airfields with 5 mile viz, saying they are IFR only, yet I can clearly see the runway from a good 5 miles out, this is after the whole set up has been running for over an hour! The FS ATIS and the AR reports are not quite in agreement still, but this is with the old update setting of 10.You say that the FS ATIS needs updating, does AS do that? Please do consider having an alternative colour scheme for the METAR Bar, even black on white. or white on green.Many thanks!PS WRT to the two reports, which one is actually affecting FS9? AS or FS, obviously if I am flying low level VFR and am making adjustments for wind, I need to know which report is the one to consider.

Hi,FS ATC is not perfect and we can't do much about that.AS does not initally update FS ATIS. Move the FS time one minute to do this. There has been much discussion on this one.Not sure what METAR bar you are refering to. If it is the text bar in FS then there is nothing we can do about that. Please let MS know.The AS report is the one to follow.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg

That is a great help thanks Jim, the bar I refer to is the text bar that gives the AS METAR report, it has a green background with red text, I find it harsh, others may find it OK, some selectable choice might be an Idea, I assume it is part of AS as it is integral to the program.

Hi,Yes, that is the text bar from MICROSOFT! Please let MICROSOFT know that it is hard to read! No, it is not part of AS. If you do not want the text bar from MICROSOFT to show up, please disable text messages in AS. The red on green combination has been the defaut colors from MICROSOFT for many versions of FS! No, we cannot change the colors of the MICROSOFT text bar!!Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg

Guest jumpjet

Hi guys.It can be done, and it is one of the MANY reasons for buying the full version of FSUIPC. (I will always plug Pete's product :) )1/ Buy FSUIPC...... err.... I already mentioned that didn't I? :D2/ In FS9 go to Options Menu > Settings > General3/ Click on the 'Text Display' > Single line option ( I hate scrolling messages anyway!)4/ Go to FSUIPC Interface Menu > Technical Tab5/ Tick the box which says 'Non Scrolling FS Msgs to be White'6/ Stop going cross-eyed trying to read scrolling red on green messages!This is the ONLY option you have, and the text is white on green, much more pleasing to the eye.Enjoy!..........CheersGrahamConcorde_Heathrow.jpg