Sign in to follow this  
Guest rds_mcleod

Not getting destination WX until final?

Guest rds_mcleod

Since installing 163, I appear to be getting my destination WX way too late. This is happening only in the last couple of weeks. Today I wanted to do an approach into LAX. I had Force destination WX on, and I was darn near on the ground before getting the crappy WX I was expection. I actually did not get the rain until on 25R?I have had some networking issues with FSUIPC, but I've worked that out with Pete. I wonder if anyone has the preferred FUIPC settings and those on FS itself handy?Thanks in advance!- Ron McLeod CYEGO/S WIN-XP PROFSUIPC REG with WideFS latest driversASUS P4 INTEL 3.0 CPU 2048 400DDR RAM

Hi Ron,Thanks for the report... FSUIPC settings should be those provided by Minimal wx defaults. FS settings don't matter as far as this problem is concerned.If you are able to re-produce, can you please try without force destiation wx zone enabled? Something in this special handling process might be interfering with local suppression.Of course it is also possible that things worked properly, if the wx changed while you were inside your local suppression range, it will ignore such wx changes (to prevent pops) until you are deemed "on the ground", unless you have "disable ground updates" enabled, in which case the local wx will NEVER change in the sim due to updates.Let me know.. thanks!

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest rds_mcleod

Hi, Damian:Will do and I'll get back to you.Thanks,Ron - CYEG