Sign in to follow this  
Clipper Ocean Spray

Questions about Ground Update Logic in B147

Basically, I'm trying to figure out how to prevent any weather updates while on the ground. The biggest reason is that I want to avoid weather updates while I'm on the takeoff roll. Maybe I have bad luck but this seems to happen to me a lot.I was testing out B147, where the documentation stated that selecting the "Use Update Supression" option "prevents any updates from occuring while your are airborne and BELOW your configured Suppression Ceiling."From the above language, this option only applies while "airborne", correct? While on the ground, if I want to stop weather updates I have to select the "Disable Ground Updates" option. However, this option will NOT disable all weather updates, only the updates at my current location, correct?If there is no way to prevent weather updates while on the ground, is there any settings to at least minimize ground updates? I'm aware that I can bring up the options screen, which stops AS2004 processing, but I was hoping for a solution where I don't have to switch back and forth between the desktop.If anyone has suggestions, please chime in. :-)Here's my config. file://AS2004.5 configuration file B147[General]WindowPosX = 4785WindowPosY = 5430DefaultWeatherFolder = C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9ModulesActiveSky2004SuppressionCeiling = 12000SurfaceWindLimit = 10CloudLayerLimit = 5LocalSuppressionRange = 100MinimumVisibility = 0MaximumVisibility = 59LastPlanFolder = C:Documents and SettingsGreg1My DocumentsFlight Simulator FilesIncreasedWake = FalseDisableWindsAloft = FalseForceTstormsWithCB = FalseAutoConvertPlanFiles = TrueDisableVisGraduation = FalseForceDestinationWeatherZone = FalsePreventIcing = TrueOnlineUpdates = TrueExtendedDestinationWindsForce = FalseGlobalWrites = FalseDepictFS9HazeLayer = TrueExtendTstormLayers = TrueDisableDirectWindControl = FalseVoicePlayback = FalseLocalSuppression = TrueStartupSound = FalseDisableGroundUpdates = TrueUseProxyServer = FalseFogLayerGeneration = TrueUpdateSuppression = TrueOvercastEnhancement = TrueIgnoreFSReadyStatus = FalseFSUIPCWindSmoothing = TrueLimitSurfaceWinds = FalseLimitCloudLayers = TrueAutoGlobalWriteToggle = TrueRainWithTS = TrueDisableUpperLayerGeneration = FalseVisibilitySmoothing = TrueDisableMessages = FalseAutoTimeZoneDetection = TrueUpdateInterval = 30VATSIMData = FalseZuluConversion = -5AloftPredictability = 100WindDriftRate = 0TAFProcessing = FalseEnforceVisibilityLimits = TrueWakeTurb = FalseStartPaused = FalseUseSystemTime = TrueDisableCAVOKClouds = FalseProxyAddress = NONERegards,R. FosterP.S. I'm really happy with the beefier suppression logic that prevents weather updates while airborne (don't mean to come across as ungrateful). This will definately help on final approach.

Whoops, I'm getting mixed up between the B147 posted at the Hifi website and the B167 being discussed on this forum. I'm not sure what features the latest beta versions support to please disregard my prior post.

Hi,1. Correct!2. Correct!I think I understand what you are asking and your settings are good! Your update interval is set to 30 which means that after your initial load of weather 30 minutes will pass until AS updates again. Isn't that enough time to be on the ground? If it isn't then increase it to 45 or 60. Or am I missing the point?!! Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg