Sign in to follow this  
Guest skyman78

activesky2004.5 build 174 and fsuipc

Guest skyman78

Hi there. I posted a thread about installing the latest build 174 and fsuipc 3.45 about fs not being connected, I unistalled the build and reverted back to the old activesky2004.5 but left the latest fsuipc in my modules folder...ac2004.5 said fs wasnt connected, i reverted back to fsuipc 3.4 and it worked fine...could this e a step in the right direction for the people who are having problems with the latest build? Why would fsupic not connect to fs with the latest build? Is it a scripting problem? ANy comments would be greatly appreciated because I have done the unistall/treinstall cycle with autoprotect of norton disabled with no success. should I disable script blocking as well? Thank in advance. Rod

Guest detector

This was my problem. From the AS2004 "revisions.txt":"Install FSUIPC 3.40 or later (for your convenience, FSUIPC.DLL v3.40 is included in your FS9ModulesActiveSky2004 folder. Just copy to FS9Modules to install)."I read it before install - and forgot. Things went fine for a while, but suddenly, now and then FS crashed, telling me I got two versions FSUIPC. So I checked...found 3.40 in the AS2004 folder, plus my own in Modules, version 3.45. I think it is no good idea to put version 3.40 in the AS2004 folder...dudes like me can crash then, even after reading readme`s ;-)

Guest detector

After FS2004 (or FSUIPC) told me I got different versions, I made a search. My "usual" (registered) FSUIPC is in the modules folder. I found version 3.45 there, and ver. 3.40 in modulesAS2004...and deleted it. Seems to have fixed it...