Sign in to follow this  

Not a support post, but a question about the product...

I am looking to purchase this product, I'll probably hold out for V, but I have a question. Looking through the screenshots and such it seems like the program wants you to import a flight plan or put your departure and arrival airport. Can you just download the full world weather and have it update every few minutes like the default FS? Since I don't really know where I'm going to and from sometimes when I start up Flight Sim... Thanks

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Yes you can!! By default Active Sky processes the weather in your area right away (I don't know what the radius is, but I've seen airports as far away as 60 miles updated). It also follows you as you fly along giving you the closest station to your aircraft.The advantage of the flight planner (if you know where you are going) is that it gives a nice flight plan window (printable) that informs you of weather to expect during your flight, winds you may encounter aloft, and an approximate flight time (if you fill in your true airspeed correctly), etc.Otherwise, it will still work like the default FS weather, only better!! Active Sky can enhance your overcast, give you some wake turbulence from other aircraft, and much, much more!An the support is second to none from these guys!!

Thank you. I am definately going to purchase AS5. It will be hard to hold out! The thing I am looking forward to is being able to see the weather at my destination so I can plan which runway I will be assigned without having to load up FS. Thanks again.