Sign in to follow this  
aguthrie

Manual ActiveRadar installation with ASV

HiI just downloaded and installed ASV and I have to say that it looks amazing. I run ASV through WideFS and I had a bit of trouble installing ActiveRadar on the FS computer. When I ran ActiveRadarConnector.exe and tried to select ASV.exe it wouldn't accept my input. I attempted to install it by manually copying the ActiveRadar folder and dll to my Flight Simulator modules folder, but when I tried it ActiveRadar would not pick up the weather changes. Then I found a post that talked about creating a registry entry so I did that, substituting ASV for AS2004. Now ActiveRadar picks up the weather, but it won't dislay anything on the radar screen. I know something should be there because I see lightning all around me and it is raining. Is there something else I need to do to complete the manual installation process?Thanks,Adam

Yes and yes, although the precip value says none. Actually I just looked again and it is displaying something on the radar now. Not sure why it wasn't before though. Oh well, thanks for the quick response :)Adam

OK good. Watch that precip line. If it is listed as None then the Radar may be blank. Also, on the options page you may want to change the update interval. The default is 5, you may try 3 or 2.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Sales and Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_dev_team.jpg http://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_proud_supporter.jpg