Sign in to follow this  
Guest Waltm

ASV--Why buy it?

Guest Waltm

As a loyal user of Active Sky's fantastic products over the years, I'm a tad concerned that ASV simply appears to combine two products I already have: ActiveSky2004.5 and Flight1's Flight Environment. I'm reluctant to dump Flight Environment, as I'm very pleased with it. Is there a compelling reason I should get ASV? Thanks.

HI, you can use Flight Enviroment and ASV. With Update, we will add compatible feature for ICS and even new with FE.ASV and FE works alreadyRead this:Read the Author Peter Wilding from FLight 1 environment.Hi there Chris and all,I would just like to add a few words to back Chris and Damian up with the promise we are indeed working with Active Sky to ensure customers for both products get full compatibility and full function of both products.I have to say I'm really impressed with ASV and I would encourage all current FE customers and future customers to get ASV. Well worth it and a definite improvement of fuction over version 4.5The clouds in ASV are excellent and it's not about which is better, comparing to FE, or which has FPS advantages. It's about personal taste; In theory there will be only very minor FPS differences for most people and should not be an issue. It's about more choice and freedom of choice.If anyone has AS 4.5 and FE I promise you upgrading to ASV is well worth it and IMHO it makes FE look even better and nothing to me looks better than good clouds and good water together. I had a blast today Island hoping from Puerto Rico to the Virgins. The weather with ASV was stunning. Never looked so convincing to me.What everyone should appreciate is the combination of FE and ASV will make BOTH PRODUCTS WORK BETTER, because the environment and clouds and weather are eveywhere. Really good value for money if you think about it.I've read on this thread about $28 being steep. IMHO it's very good value for money because it's not an upgrade but a new build.Certainly what I've seen so far in ASV in stunning and and FE customer I'm sure will be delighted with ASV and has the promise it will soon be fully functional with ICS cloud selection; so you get my vote; buy this product with confidence.Peter Wilding (developer of Flight Environment)ThanksChris WillisHiFi Simulation Software Team Developerhttp://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_dev_team.jpgFreeware Addons for FSW GROUP

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Guest Waltm

Thanks for the quick reply, Chris. I may earn an "RTFM" for this next question, but it sounds like ASV is an addition to FE, and not necessarily a replacement, correct?Thanks again.-- Walt

HI Walt,You can use ASV with their clouds, sky and environment such as sun, vc raindrop etc.orYou can use ASV without the Active Environment and use ASV with FE for environment exclusive.At the end you have all option, ASV have new feature and, better metar clouds representation. As well for the update not listed in the release. There is many feature have been taking tons of our to do from month.ThanksChris WillisHiFi Simulation Software Team Developerhttp://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_dev_team.jpgFreeware Addons for FSW GROUP

Kind Regards
Chris Willis