Sign in to follow this  
Guest skefford

Error with ChilkatZip.dll after uninstalling AS2004

Guest skefford

FIOAfter installing the update for ASV, I then uninstalled AS2004. Next time I tried to start ASV, it would not. It was complaining about ChilkatZip.dll.I solved this by registering this dll, at its new location. It appears that the update install does not re-register this dll in its new location, so when the old dll is removed, it obviously can't be found.Steve

Guest skefford

But how do you do that? The installer requires AS2004 installed, so it can't be done.Steve

Here is the best answer I have seen yet, and I didn't even write it!!The upgrade edition of ASV creates a full ASV installer version upon installation. This full package ends up in a folder called something like c:asv_install_files. You need to:1) re-install AS2004.5, so you can2) then run the ASV upgrade installer. It will ask you where to store the full installer, remember that location (and burn it to CD or whatever). After installation is complete, you have a working ASV and a full installer for future use.3) Now you can uninstall AS2004.5. NOTE! This will also remove some files needed for ASV to work.4) So now run the full installer located in c:asv_install_files (might be different in your case) and choose repair.At the end you have a working ASV. Remember, from now on use the full installer in case of problems or re-installing. Good luck!Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Sales and Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_dev_team.jpg http://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_proud_supporter.jpg